I had an epiphany over the weekend, over something quite mundane and of low importance In The Great Scheme Of Things.
While out for a 12 mile recreational ride on my bike, I realized that one of the little things that make life great is the road whine my tires make when I ride hard.
Then I got to thinking of the other little joys of life:
– Having my dog cuddle up with me on the couch
– Seeing my son get in a jam, then Doing The Right Thing to get out of it without my coaching;
– A home grilled hamburger, refrigerator pickles, a cold beer, and watermelon for desert on a hot, lazy summer day;
– Paying off a nagging debt;
– Pushing myself into accomplishing something I’ve not done before.
Anyone care to add to the list?