The pinch hit MMP

Yay, Pearl!

I’m sure the mail will be pouring in soon. I think that the report was just released on Saturday or something because I had checked for it recently. I’m up to 7 calls now, I think. I’ve kinda lost track. And even if I did need to see a doctor or a lawyer I CERTAINLY wouldn’t pick one of these jokers.

I’m up. I have a list of errands as long as my arm to do today. The most important is running the tax return back to the CPA in San Diego.

My poor puppy, Lil Miss Rowdy, hasn’t been to the dog park in nearly a week, and it’s making her crazy. She also needs a new antler to chew on, as the old one has started to splinter.

So much to do!

Well perhaps you will get lucky and hit a deer while you are out. Then you’ll get a free antler.

What?

Are you on the National Do Not Call List? Are you telling them to take you off their call list? Have you tried an air horn? :cool:

Weekend was quiet. Sunday was hubby’s birthday, but he had to work. Since he works 24 hours, I didn’t get to do anything special for him, except put surprises in his breakfast/lunch/dinner. I colored eggs for his breakfast. I tucked in an elaborate card, with some temporary tattoos (yes, he’s 6). Lots of good food, and of course, candy. His crew let him run the TV remote. He still had to work, but at least, he likes his job. Oh, his real present was a big screen TV. Yes, we are officially old.

roses are red
violets are blue
I’m schizophrenic
and so am I.

Oh that reminds me. At dinner last week, one friend admitted she had never heard the Little Teapot song until that morning, so I sang her this version:

I’m a Little Teapot, short and stout.
Here is my handle, here is my other handle.
*(spoken)*Oops! I’m a sugar bowl!

I am and also in a strict state with a DNC law. I still get a few (3-4 a month not counting elections) but not nearly what most people get around here. I usually say “One moment please”, set the phone down, and then find something to do in the garage for a while.

Next time you have dinner with her, feel free to borrow our one traditional family “grace”

Bless us Oh Lord and these Thy leftovers
Which we are about to receive from Thy microwave
Through Tupperware and SaranWrap
Amen

This cavity wasn’t as bad as the last one, so I only had to be numbed up once. Got into a fight with Culinary Boy after which he didn’t deserve. Bad Spaz. :frowning: Have since apologized, no reply yet. ETA: apology accepted. Still bad me.

I also ended up with a blister from my cute ballet flats. Haven’t worn them in a while and it shows. I did the grocery shopping, but I’m putting off laundry for another day because I don’t have a decent book to read. I’ve completely lost interest in The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake. I’ll have to wait until I pick up a new Italo Calvino book at the library tomorrow.

Also I have to go to the DMV to renew my registration because it took me forever and a day to pass inspection. I’ll have to carve out some time this week. I’m thinking Thursday.

Are you kidding me?? ** &*#$@! **cat took 7 years offa my life LOL

Happy Birthday, picuhubby!

sticks, that sucks. You might wanna take the phone off the hook for awhile, those jerks’ll be calling you all day.

Oh, plus also,
Roses are red,
Shamrocks are green
You’ve got the cutest bum I’ve ever seen!

Oh frabjous day! The license plate registration office is–are you ready for this–right across the street from where I work! I don’t have to drive halfway across town on Deathtrap Highway! I can get it done in a semi-reasonable amount of time!

I want ice cream. That is all…

Well, fuck.

Dad found the second set of Buick keys, the ones that have been lost for more than a year. He managed to start the car (even though I’d removed the ignition fuse), and he’s taken off.

We know he made it to the credit union fifteen miles away (he can’t find the local ones) and took out $100. After that, no sign.

He has no cell phone, no driver’s license, no credit card, no ATM card, and once Mom’s moved the money out of that account, he won’t have access to any more cash.

He wasn’t at either of his favorite lunch spots, but it’s nearly 40 miles from home to Oceanside harbor, which is where my b-i-l keeps his boat - the same boat Dad announced he was going to move to. He’s been gone since before 10 o’clock.

We’ve filed a Missing Person’s report, and the police have listed him as “at risk” due to his Alzheimer’s.

I was upstairs, and I didn’t hear him open the garage door, start the car, hit MY car (parked behind his to add an extra layer of defense), and leave. I only knew he was gone when bro came back and saw the Buick was gone. I heard the door slam, but thought he was going into his bedroom after the latest hissy fit over not having access to the ATM card.

And to add to the loveliness, Dad’s driver’s license is still valid and will be until he fails to get in to take his driving test. And on top of THAT, we have no recent photos of him. He’s been so anti-social, that he hasn’t participated in any picture taking events in TEN FUCKING YEARS.

I don’t even know what a happy ending would be in this scenario.

That sucks phouka. Hopefully you’ll get him home soon.

Oh, he’s home now (sort of), and it’s only gotten worse.

He was mad Mom hadn’t dashed home the moment we knew he was gone. He thought I didn’t look glad enough to see him. I informed Mom, b-i-l, and sis, and then called police dispatch to tell them he’d come home. The dispatch officer told me, if at all possible, to get the keys from him. Wasn’t going to happen.

The bro comes up and tells me that Dad is packing up his things to MOVE OUT. When I relay this to police dispatch, she tells me to block his car and call 911 if he takes off on foot. Which I do, and then, finding the driver side door of his car unlocked, I popped the hood, opened the fuse box and started yanking every fuse I could.

Which was when Dad came out and found me, yelled “WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING!” When I didn’t answer, he grabbed my shoulder and hauled me around, when I turned back, he grabbed my arm and pulled me away. I had to break his grip with a self-defense move I learned two decades ago.

And then he raised his fist to hit me.

Bro stepped in, which stopped Dad. Dad told me to get my little tail out of the way. I said no, that he wasn’t leaving. He asked why, and I told him he wasn’t competent.

So, he took off on foot.

The police officers arrived shortly after that. One talked to Dad, the other talked to me, and before he could finish taking my statement, he was called down by the other officer to help with Dad.

And they called their “Crit Team” - a specially trained police officer and a clinician. And the original officer arrived and took the copy I’d made of the doctor’s incompetency letter. And several mentions were made of “conservatorship”, which we’d discussed at the beginning of this Hell, and put aside because it was too expensive.

And now Mom’s making the hour and a half drive home, my sister’s coming over as soon as school let’s out, and I went outside and watered the tomato plants, because that is something that people who aren’t having their lives turned inside out do.

{{{{{{{{{Harvey}}}}}}}}}

For for swampy: a man after his own heart. (SFW)

I’m sorry, phoukaroo. :frowning:

Oh, Kanga, that’s heartbreaking!

Yay on the imminent move, ShinyCat!

I love all the poem variations.

Yay on finding Leo, Pearl!

Hope things get smoother, Spaz. Glad the dentist wasn’t so bad, though.

Belated happy birthday to Mr. Picu.

Off to edit some pics, I think. And maybe to go for a walk.

Hugs all.

GT

While I appreciate the sentiment wholeheartedly, alas I cannot claim it.

Roses are red
Dalmatians are spotted
That stuff in the frig
Is way beyond rotted.

What? Everybody else is doin’ it! :smiley:

Howdy Y’all! Finally home from irk and dealin’ with a dead twuck battery. Guess I shouldn’t complain the battery that came wih twuck lasted almost three years and as we all know the batteries that come in new vehicles are cheaper than even me.

{{{kanga}}} I don’t know what else to say or do.

Yay for found kitteh Pearl!

Happy belated bday PicuHubby!

Yay for not too bad cavity Spaz

Soapy your oatmeal did that because oatmeal is evil.

StickyBuns I second picu’s suggestion of an air horn.

Dindin tonight was a ham ‘n cheese sammich cause that’s all I could be bothered to make. OYKW is at his place dealin’ with irk related paperirk, poor thing.

I’s tahrd and just gonna relax and watch dumb teevee.

Laterz!

**Harvey, **if I ever get to your area on business, I think I’ll buy dinner for each of you in turn…