The secret MMP

“The internet of things”.
Why on earth does a refrigerator need to be connected to the network?
You can check from work and be sure the milk is still in there?
I have a seneye device that measures various things in the aquarium and puts them on the web so I can check with my cell phone. I wonder if they screw with the laptop that controls it.

The most interesting part of my irk day was learning how to add lines to a purchase request. Could my day have been MORE boring?

wet one, I guess they could have let you make a purchase request…

I don’t think any of my appliances or utilities are connected to the internet, so hopefully I will not find my refrigerator being taken over.

Soccer practice went well, girls did good. Allowed the King of Burgers to feed me.

Still need to make up my bed, I’ve gotten in the habit of sleeping in the spare room and have to get myself reset to using the master B/R again. Also need to operate the dishwasher–too many buttons.

Ripple was being a brat tonight so I went outside to sit with him.
I lit my citronella candles, one on each side of me. Now I have a weird combination of skunk and citronella stuck in my nose.

I hope to leave by 10am tomorrow, then I’ll get to the armpit by noon. My appointment is at 2:15 (actually 2:30 but they always want you there 15 minutes early so I don’t know why they don’t just make the appointment for 2:15), that gives us 2 hours to visit. Then head over to my friend’s house hopefully before rush hour traffic since I have to either go through the tunnel or over the bridge.
Probably the bridge, because to me it is less scary to think about falling off a bridge than getting crushed in a tunnel, even though getting crushed in a tunnel would be a lot quicker and less painful.

Work was a double, since somebody locked their kesy in their trunk. And their phone. :smack::confused::rolleyes: Can’t kill her, I’d miss the Opeing night tailgate ,with free beer and pizza.

:smiley:

Congrats on the furnace, Juliet! And happy the Packers won. :smiley:

I’ll tell you a secret: a place 1h away from Lyon, with several other towns in between, is generally not considered to be the same as Lyon.

Oh well, I’ll enjoy the stay downtown. I’d been in the area before, got a hotel with parking.

Happy Toosday!

I woke up way too early, at 4am. It is going to be a long day.

I’m hoping to be out of here by 10, we shall see.
If I plan on getting out by 9 we should make it by 10.

Up, caffeinated, and sheveled. Off to work. A short day, unless somebody locks their keys the the car again.

Swampy, it seems to me that you’re spiffing up the cave quite often. Are you having some sort of secret mud wrestling events in there on Tuesdays and Thursdays??

I am here. I am tired. That’s normal and definitely not a secret. While this year is much less stressful, my little friend is much more active and only interested in doing as they please. Hence, our chasing said friend around the room most of the day yesterday and the hole in my shirt from the teeth that were aiming for my side.

Ah well, another day, another dollar, right?

Higgs was in full bark mode this morning - the neighbor let his labs out while she was out, and she goes bat-crap crazy when those dogs *DARE *to be in their own yard. She won’t listen to me, but **FCD **went out with our mega-bright flashlight and she came in. Idiot dog…

I’m hoping to catch the boss for a few minutes for a chat. I’m thinking that after the first of the year, I may want to switch to a 3-day work week, with the option to work more if I’m needed. I’m not ready to be totally retired, but I think I want to start easing into it. The trick is catching him between meetings.

**Sari **- when I go see my mom, I always take the old tunnel - it’s the shortest route. Plus the bridge is so freekin’ high!!! I’ve been over it once and under it several times (on cruise ships and in our own boat.) My mom doesn’t do tunnels and rarely does bridges - if she decided to come on her own and visit me, she’d either come down the JFX and pick up the BW Parkway south of the city, or she’d go all the way around the beltway. Just one of the reasons she doesn’t come to visit me. And it is a long-ass drive. I don’t like making it any more.

And so begins another day. Happy Tuesday!!

Good Mornin’ Y’all! Up and caffeinatin’. YAWN ‘Tis 70 Amurrkin out and clear (dark actually) with a predicted high of 89 and mostly N.O.S. for the day. I felt a cool breeze or two yestiddy. Fall is in the air! Today I shall accomplish laundry. Rah. Due to a gnawin’ and cravin’, tonight’s sup shall be fried chikin (I shall do it myself even), field peas with snaps, butterbeans, and okra all cooked together, squish, smashed N.O.T. with gravy, and corn bread. It’s down home eatin’ night.

doggio it takes a special kind of ummm… genius to lock keys and cellphone in the trunk of a vehicle, does it not? :smiley:

Now I need more caffeine and rumbly tummy demands to be fed. Then, onward into the day. Rah.

Happy Tuesday Y’all!

ETA: First on two! NEENER! NEENER! Spidey.

I am dreading the drive.
Fortunately I don’t need to do the tunnel or bridge to go to my mother’s but to go to my friend’s from there I do.

I’m waiting for the dishwasher to finish so I can get in the shower. I have to wake my son up for that too because I can’t trust Ripple to behave while I am in the shower. I can’t take him in the bathroom with me because he will play with the toilet paper.

I have to remember to close the windows in case it rains.

And I don’t know why I clean up the house before we leave. I’m always afraid somebody will break in and judge me for having a messy house. Like the opinions of people who break into houses matter. Better to leave a messy house so it is harder for them to find things.
Although from past experience it is a bit embarrasing to have the cops come in and see a messy house, although I suppose I can blame that on the burglars.
Except for the pet hair, kind of hard to blame that on intruders.

I’m really not quite right in the head, am I?

**sari **- as long as you wear clean underwear in case you’re in an accident, you’re good! :wink:

Josh came thru - I have a pile of drawings to do for him. Yay!!

Absolutely!

Afternoon all!
Maybe someone will break in and tidy up, Sari- my Grandpa’s house was so messy, his neighbours once broke in* and washed his curtains.

I’m nearly off the sick list I think, I actually slept through the night only waking up to cough once, rather than every hour like I have been doing. Back to skool tomorrow, and if I’m paying for classes I’d like to have my brain working for them, so that’s good.

I’ve already been out for the morning for a few hours, the society I’m on the committee of has an allotment (all the cool kids have one) and I had to write a risk assessment for the group, so thought I’d better go there. It’s apparently roadwork season, I have two options for going that way and both involve going through roadworks with appalling traffic. One’s right at the end of the road, close enough that I can hear it from here.
*OK, the door was unlocked. Still…

Well, I slept in my regular bed for the first time in two months…meh. Still need to move stuff over from the spare room and waiting on some work to be done in the kitchen/master bath before emptying out all the boxes. Still, house is looking OK.

Going to the mid-80’s with a 1 in 5 chance for rain; it all stayed north of me yesterday, we’ll see what today is like.

Sticky Buns, my pardon, but ‘little friends’? That has so many possible references I must needs ask for clairification.

Nava, reminds me of some airports Ryan Air flies to, saying it’s too a city–50 miles away… Enjoy your time wherever it is.

Sari, safe travels.

doggio, I don’t think I ever locked my keys in the trunk; in the car, often, but never the trunk. So you had to solve a unique problem then.

Moooomm, a 3-day workweek sounds nice. Hope it can be arranged.

Is Milan job still an option? When a place is less than truthful getting you in the door one has to wonder what they’ll be like once you’re there.

There was a twuck fire on the interstate that took out two (of the three lanes); apparently, everyone bailed onto the lo-cal roads. I take said lo-cal roads; my commute home last night was over an hour. I’ve had commutes I could bike home faster but last night I could have run home faster; I averaged a mile (1.6km) about every 11 minutes. :eek:

I believe she was referring to her student & not a too-modern-for-Ruble toy.

I’m tired, and still sick.

The AirBNB guest left yesterday. He’s really nice. And I think we established that I didn’t give him bronchitis, but he already had it. BYOB. Bring your own bronchitis.

In other news, there was an election in my province yesterday. Ugh. I’m not happy with the results overall. But since the theme of this thread is “secrets,” I’ll tell you a secret - I am kind of happy with the results in my own riding.

Sickies, feel better! And for those who are feeling better, glad you’re feeling better!

Romeo Jr. has had a cough for a few days now. He’s a cougher; a cold that would make someone cough for a couple days makes him cough for a week. The pediatrician said it’s nothing we should worry about unless he is having a hard time getting air in (wheezing, gasping for air, etc.). He’s getting air, he’s just coughing sometimes. But daycare is soooo worried about his cough. He’s not running a fever, he’s playing and eating – he’s just a coughing kid. Some people have sensitive skin. Some people have bad eyesight. My son has a slightly floppy trachea. Not enough for surgical intervention, but enough that it makes simple throat clearing sounds appear to be horrible.

blurf