The secret MMP

Hey, Tugig!!! LTNS! Where ya been hiding?

I finished an e-book last night. I’d started it on Monday, so it wasn’t a massive read. But it was a pretty awful one. Supposedly a murder mystery about an actress who played a cop on TV buying a house and finding a skeleton under the floor as she was working on a remodel. And, of course, she solved the murder and fell in love with the real detective who was working the case.

It was cheesy at least - I wouldn’t have been surprised if I’d gotten it from one of those “FREE E-BOOK” sites, but this was in the library! I thought they stocked real books in the library, not self-published crap. Live and learn.

Our a/c compressor apparently died yesterday. **FCD **will be calling our HVAC guys to check it out, since summer refuses to leave, dammit.

And it looks like after the first of the year, I’ll be working 3 days a week unless things get swamped. Gonna ease on into retirement. I think it’s a plan!

Happy Wednesday!

Happy Hump Day all you proletariat worker bees (Retirement is great). Headed for 87F today with another 20% chance of rain. Need to get out to pay some bills and do some shopping this morning.

Good to hear from you, 2gig; hope you can drop by more often.

Sticky Buns, thanks, that helps a lot…:confused::rolleyes:

ruble, hope the ouch isn’t a major one and congrats on the raise (even if everybody else is sharing in it, you’re getting more).

Ok, the raisin bread is just sitting there waiting to be consumed. Take care all y’all.

Up, caffeinated ,and sheveled. Doing a closing shift tonight. And I have a 10:00 conference call.:smack: 3rd conference call this week.:smack::rolleyes::confused:

Also:
HAPPY HOCKEY SEASON!!!

Welcome back, 2gig!

Last night was a leftover night. I was running out of tupperware because all of it was in the fridge, either full of rotten food or full of food that would soon be rotten. So we ate the not rotten stuff and now I have tupperware again!

Congrats on the raise, Ruble!

Hopefully the doc can help, Sticky Buns.

2Gig ::Tacklehug::
Mooommm are you sure you didn’t pick up SiL’s kindle with all of that romance? :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m supposed to be on a conf call right now; got the invite but no dial in info. :smack:
I asked for it via email, then they asked someone else here to walk over & ask me to join. :smack: :smack:
Finally, I got dialin info (only); however, it’s supposed to be a webex so we can see what’s being presented. :smack: :smack: :smack:
Doggio, iffn you don’t need a webcam you can do it in your jammies & fuzzy bunny slippers. Better yet, use the webcam in your jammies & fuzzy bunny slippers, I bet it’s the last time they ask you on the call. :wink:

Provisions have been procured and stored. I shall now not adult for a while.

gigity howdy! Come back and play.

MOOOOOOM yay for ease in to retirement! Gotta get there all the way though so you can [del]spoil rotten[/del] provide care for Roxstar!.

It was audio only. And on mute. Which was a good thing, because Gordie had to fend off an assault from The Invisible Mole People during the call.:eek:

Since SIL doesn’t have a Kindle, I’m safe there. And it wasn’t romance crap that I was finding - I like mysteries, but the only mystery in the stuff I found was “Who wrote this crap???”

It’s been a busy morning with some silliness thrown in. Boss is going to set up a long-overdue engineering meeting and he was asking for suggestions of topics. There were some interesting suggestions offered… :smiley: I do love my job.

But now it’s lunch time, huzzah, huzzah!

I am strange even by standards at Da Jungle; the money is the least benefit I get. Heck I may as well have my check direct-deposited to Knoebels. :slight_smile: Its more the health benefits of working hard at an active job and killing time. So like I pointed out to a coworker “Yeah – its nice. But it doesn’t make the two seriously asshole bosses any better at their jobs. Just opposite; in their minds they will have all that much more of a right to abuse us.”

The OW took the day off to prepare for the invasion – I mean the trip to Phunfest – so I guess I should go help. Big sigh. :wink:

When we bought The Butters Estate we only had to pay, at the time, $410 for lawyers fees and the old car broke down on the way home. We owned a canal front home in the Keys but the car could not even get us back there.

OK. All caught up on the goings on in the MMP. You know I have never had the mumps. That is the only childhood disease I missed. Just cause I know y’all were wondering.
I forgot to take towels into the bathroom this morning so stepped out of the shower and went four steps to the linen closet. A couple minutes later I stepped in the tiny amount of water and found myself on the floor. Wet tile is dangerous. My behind hurts and other various areas. Probably won’t be able to walk tomorrow…
Our New Director is shaping up to be OK. He has instituted the 59 minutes which the old director did not let us have because it was not used fairly. Plus we are all getting four 59 minute chits on our birthdays. Too bad I just had a birthday. Doubt it is retroactive.

Happy Hump Day!

Butters glad the new boss is working out.

Ruble heard about the raise yesterday. I figured that they’d try to screw youse guys out of it by claiming you weren’t permanent or something. I’m glad to hear that isn’t so. It may not be limousine money, but it’s better than a poke in the eye, as a friend used to say.

The house is 4 bedroom, 3.5 ba, 2700ft, new construction. It’s Residence 3 in this development. http://www.homesbydavidon.com/park-ridge-homes/ (The URL insert button is breaking the page, so you get an actual url). The lot is about the square footage of the house.

I’ll have pictures of the actual house tomorrow.

It’s near my sister and her family, and about a block away from my parents. It’s also near doctors for me and the kids, which is a good thing. On the negative side, it’s in the Bay Area. We shall persevere.

OMG, Sunny, love the house! I would have the optional 4th bedroom so I would have a guest room, but leave the upstairs as a loft/family room/den… whatever you want to call it. I’m sure it’ll be gorgeous. (I love looking at floor plans and dreaming of houses I’ll never own…)

Trying to arrange taking my car in to the shop. My “service airbag” light has been on intermittently for a couple weeks and is now on steady. I made sure the connections are secure under the seats, so it’s beyond what I’m capable of troubleshooting. Now I just need to figure out a time when Romeo and I can get my car to the shop, me to work, the kids where they need to be, home from where they need to be and ourselves home from work. And with him working pseudo-second shift (11:30-7:30), it’s not like we can just get done with work around the same time and have it all taken care of. He gets weekdays off when he works a weekend… I’ll have to see when the next one of those is.

Hi 2gig, you bring presents?

Which one’s gonna be the Mumper guest room Sunny?
I’m envious, I think the only way I’d get a house round here is to sell a few of my less interesting relatives.

It’s going to take me a while to get used to these skool weeks starting on Wednesday, especially as, after summer, thinking is being hard work. It’s surprising how tiring sitting there listening is.

They’ve condensed it down to only 3 days, because some people are travelling several hours, which is pretty intense but still leaves gaps of an hour or two when apparently everyone is trying to use the same 6 general use computers. They really could do with more facilities, but they can’t get them without more students… I get the problem, but it is a bit annoying.

Happy Hump Day!

Another beautiful, N.O.S., not tpp hot, not too cold day.

Was a long day yesterday, I came home, had something to eat and went to bed.

Poor Ripple was totally wiped out. He didn’t get a nap all day and he couldn’t get comfortable in the truck to sleep on the way home.

I went to get my emmissions test while in the armpit since you are supposed to drive at highway speeds for at least 20 minutes first. The testing site was great, no line, no wait, but my truck failed the test. It seem that I don’t drive enough and the new control module thingie hasn’t been able to reset whatever the hell is is supposed to reset. I was told to drive it everyday for a week or so and bring it back in for retesting. I got an extension on the due date even though the original due date is the end of November.

Doctor visit was good. He is taking me off one med, but not the one I wanted. Probably just as well that he is taking me off the blood thinner, if you saw my arms you’d think somebody has been beating on me.
I asked him about my hdl being too low and he said not to worry about it, so I won’t.

My niece’s ex? bf is going to come out on the 15th, the day Ripple gets snipped, to do some handyman stuff around the house for me. I figure it will be easier to get stuff done when Ripple is not bouncing around getting in the way.

Nice visit with my mother, and I got to stop by and visit my friend. We would have gotten home sooner except we forgot to put the comforter in the dryer.

Good to see you again 2Gig!

Nice house Sunny! I hope the walkthrough goes well.

Hope your ouchies feel better soon Ruble and Butters.

Sounds like a movie from the HallMark channel FCM.

Juliet, I remember a day years ago when my nieces were little and one of them wanted to eat the green stuff in my fridge. I totally spazzed out until I realized she wanted some jello. Since then I have made it a habit to clean out the fridge on the day the trash goes out. Then there is never anything yukkie that I have to look at. I also stopped using tupperware and use cheap plastic so I can throw out the whole container if I need too.

Two fuses blew out on our compressor. $14 for the fusees, $110 for the service call. Better than having to replace the compressor.

Supper tonight will be forage for whatever. **FCD **isn’t hungry and I just don’t feel like cooking. I may have a bowl of cereal.

That pretty much sums up my day. :smiley:

That’s exactly what we’re doing - fourth bedroom, and keeping the upstairs as the loft/family room/homeroom/child torture chamber. :stuck_out_tongue:

MMPers are welcome anytime!

So Sunny, you going to update your SDMB information to show Cali-fornia instead of Oregon?
And the house sounds lovely; have fun settling in.

FCM, I have someone coming out from Direct TV Firday on connecting my spankin’-new HD 4K TV. I expect to get the same type of billing for the ‘service’ call.

Sari, sounds like a fun day. Maybe Ripple will still be tired today and not bouncing off walls as ususal.

Juliet, ain’t family logistics fun? I have three soccer teams to schedule around, but that’s only on Saturday, I couldn’t imagine having to do it every single minute.

Butters, OUCH! and hope all is well (if it isn’t, post a picture of the bruise in glorious technicolor…). And yeah, our Generals where I worked tended to be generous with the “59 admin minutes”, plus I’d get it for my birthday.

Did all my shopping and bill-paying, then napped, now need to get ready for coaching my 6-year old team. We missed the last two weeks practices due to heat (97F) and rain, so hopefully today we’ll be able to work on some things (that they will forget 10 minutes later…).

Ok as long as it’s not squishes and okra I’m eating all my meals at swampys

**MetalMouse **- I’m not really upset about the service charge. The tech had to drive to our house, troubleshoot the problem, fix the problem, and drive away. The company has to pay them the whole time, ergo we have to pay for that time. Sure, I’d like it to be cheaper, but by the same token, I want qualified techs who do the job right the first time rather than paying for multiple calls. And if the company doesn’t make a profit, they won’t be in business for long.

It’s like an old joke, with the punch line “$5 for hitting the machine, $200 for knowing where to hit.”