The Trump Administration: A Clusterfuck in the Making Part Deux (Part 1)

Please, people, do not be premature. CFSG will no longer be actively shitting on our heads, but the clusterfuck that he created remains in place. It is a big one. It will take years to get all of it cleaned up, especially with Rs trying to stymie the efforts to unfuck the country.

Can’t we just have ONE DAY when we can feel good about things? We’ll get back to worrying and fretting tomorrow.

QAnon are having an interesting day

Honestly looking at Twitter I really cannot tell which are the real QA comments and which are satire. There’s literally nothing to tell them apart.

Well, I did just hear a newscaster refer to “President Biden’s predecessor”, so there is that. The less we hear of that one guy’s name, the happier we all will be.

True Believers have no trouble adjusting their world view when something they expect does not come to pass. Just look at all the doomsday cults and what they do when the whatever of September passes without a dang thing happening.

I like this, from the article:

Are there any “YouTube journalists” with credibility? Especially in the QAnon space?

I see someone has posted that certain Q groups have paused their chat function so that everyone can take a breather.

We’re gonna need a clean up on aisle three. Lotta exploding heads going on.

I’ve bumped this

…as this thread is too pure to sully with their silliness.

I truly hope Trump sees this and agrees to defend himself in person. The news outlets thought the end of the news cycle is over and back to trivia they go, but no, Trump has one more act before the curtains closes.
Defend yourself for all to see

The Clusterfuck is over! Long live Death to the Clusterfuck!

I think the time has come to close this thread. But we should now have a new thread “Fixing the Clusterfuck” to focus specifically on actions taken to un-do the damage. That could include actions taken by the Biden Administration, by Congress, and also legal actions at all levels against Trump, his family and bootlickers; lawsuits against Trump policies and regulations, etc., etc., etc.

Unfucking the Clusterfuck will be a project enough, apart from all the forward-looking actions we expect in the coming years, and I think is worthy of a thread of its own.

All the Cluster-Un-Fucking to come will be very positive things for us to look forward to (to the extent that they are successful), and I think we should have a thread for this in Politics and Elections rather than here in the Pit.

I’m ok with closing this thread for further posts but this forum should be preserved to remind us how bad it can get.

As I posted in another thread:

I lived in Des Moines in 1993 when torrential rains led to flooding that wiped out a good portion of the city, closed the downtown and shut down the water plant. I still remember when the TV news asked a city leader what the first steps would be to recovery.

“First,” he said, “it’s got to stop raining.”

So at least it’s finally stopped raining.

and I add, Amen

Time to close this thread? I think so.

@ 55,000 posts? Okay, I guess so…

Before this thread gets locked, I would like to thank @ThelmaLou for making and shepherding it and the full one before this. Also everyone else for the good info and snark. This was a thread for the ages. (Does it hold a record for amount of posts in a certain time?)

I say give it a couple of weeks in case Trump tries to stir up trouble.

We could wait until it hits 10K posts and closes itself.

The grift continues -

Before leaving office, former President Trump signed a memorandum extending US Secret Service protection by six months for all his children, according to a senior US official.

Typically the protection applies to children up to age 16 but by signing the memorandum, the US Secret Service will be able to provide protection to all his children.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/biden-harris-inauguration-day-2021/h_e6270f3f985e5a320ace21359f2efed9

Couldn’t President Biden cancel this?