The Trump Administration: The Clusterfuck Continues (Part 2)

As far as I know, it’s not a requirement in law, but rather in practice to have judges with legal training. The Board’s lawyers can expand on or correct me on that.

Keep reading.

He then attended Georgetown University Law Center, where he was a senior associate editor of the American Criminal Law Review. He graduated in 1997 with a Juris Doctor.

After law school, Kelly entered private practice at Arnold & Porter. He served as a law clerk to Judge Ronald L. Buckwalter of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania from 2001 to 2002, returning to Arnold & Porter afterward. Kelly worked for the U.S. Department of Justice from 2003 to 2013. He served first as an Assistant United States Attorney in the District of Columbia and then as a trial attorney in the Public Integrity Section of the Department of Justice’s Criminal Division. He also served as the Republican staff director for the Senate’s Caucus on International Narcotics Control, and from 2013 to 2017 Judge Kelly served as Chief Counsel for National Security and Senior Crime Counsel to U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Charles E. Grassley.

Thank you, Smapti. So his law credentials check out.

I can understand. I went to law school 22 years after I graduated with a B.A. from the University of Toronto. Not everybody goes straight from their bachelor’s into law school. I didn’t, and I guess Kelly didn’t either.

Let’s go with Great Intelligence.

“Polo!”

“With Great Intelligence Comes Great Irresponsbility”

I firmly believe that the Supreme Court would be well served by having at least one non-judge at all times (see, for example, Earl Warren). Realizing that there is nothing as uncommon as common sense, having someone making decisions on something other than reading meaning into various writings of long dead people could only improve things.

File this under, “But what if we don’t?”…

A POLITICO reporter was denied access to the White House Thursday and his press credentials confiscated after a judge ordered the Trump administration overnight to immediately restore access for news organizations that President Donald Trump banned from the complex last week.

MS NOW and CNN said their reporters were also denied entry. The three outlets have been barred from the White House since Saturday, following an order from Trump to do so “as a result of their constant ‘reporting’ FAKE NEWS!”

Certainly a sternly worded but impotent admonishment from the Judge is forthcoming!

They’re being allowed back in now:

On a chaotic day at the White House gates and in court, CNN, MS NOW and Politico journalists were allowed back in by midday, after earlier issues gaining access.

Trump will of course just ignore them.

Just like he ignores the constitution.

…as well as his own with all the shit he shovels down into it every day.

Are you kidding me?

No mention of the font choice in the photo. Fraktur is always a wise choice when one does not want to be seen as a dictator.

Who needs a Manchurian candidate when there’s a communist first lady?

Killer Kennedy and the the felon should be so proud.

Canada’s capital city erasing the felon’s name.

The felon got what he wanted and now he’s whining about it.

Big Brother is back on the air!

But life does not always copy fiction to a T.

And who’s paying for this ad blitz?

Posted by @Monty above:

I saw that on our news. To add a bit of context, a lot of streets in that Ottawa neighbourhood carry the names of New York City landmarks and prominent New Yorkers. Going on memory from the six o’clock news, there is also a Bloomingdales Avenue, for example. Trump, being a well-known NYC real estate developer when the neighbourhood was built, got a street named for him.

But no longer. I don’t know what the street will be named (Park Avenue might be a good choice, or Columbus Circle, if it is a cul-de-sac); the news didn’t say. But it will be renamed.

Interestingly, Montreal has an “Avenue du President Kennedy,” and it has for years and nobody has considered renaming that. Perhaps because Montrealers feel that President Kennedy deserves having a Montreal street named for him. I doubt that they would feel the same way about President Trump, however, just like Ottawans.

I suggest Biden Bouleveard, Democrat Drive, or even Obama Way.

I quite like the last one.

Good suggestions, but remember, the names in that neighbourhood have something to do with NYC or New Yorkers. Biden is from Delaware, Democrats aren’t unique to New York City, and Obama is from Chicago. Though I like your suggestions, I think we’ll need something else.

Knickerbocker Lane? Gotham Boulevard? Battery Parkway? Brooklyn Avenue? Big Apple Drive? Alfred Beach Road? (Look that one up.)

Bonnie Meadow Road, which, despite it being in New Rochelle, was where the Petrie family lived on “The Dick Van Dyke Show,” which took place in NYC?

There’s a promising young fella named Mamdani I’ve been hearing about recently…he’s from New York, ain’t he?

Don’t you mean New Canada and New Canadians?

O’Donnell Dr.

Should be fine - it’s not like any noteworthy outbreaks are linked to PIA.