The TubaDiva Memorial Tuba Fund campaign is now underway

Done. This is a great idea. And I think we can aim our sights at least as high as a couple of tubas.

Again for posterity: 6 hours, and the fund has now exceeded its goal! :star_struck:

Thank you, Ed, for putting that together.

nm nm nm

Thank you for setting this up, Ed. It’s a great idea, and I was proud to chip in.

Thanks, Ed. Done.

I gave what I could. I’m hoping 2 tubas or perhaps any additional monies could be set up (by the recipient) as maintenance money. My youngest played the flute and we’d send it out each year prior to school starting to be cleaned and have it checked over. That was a personal instrument so even more important for a shared one.

Just donated - thanks for setting up the fund. TubaDiva was a wonderful person and always worked hard for the good of us all. May she rest in peace, and may those who benefit from this fund know something of how much we once greatly appreciated, and now badly miss, her.

I just contributed.

I just checked out the obituary and was surprised to find out that Jenny looked almost exactly like my sister in law!

Thanks for this. Saw it and donated. Haven’t been here long and still can’t believe she’s gone.

Thanks also for sharing the links. Don’t think I’ve ever seen a tuba played that way. (Okay, I think it should be Tuba, not tuba. Just seems wrong.)

I gave.
But mot as much, or as well, as TubaDiva gave to us,

Thanks, Ed. I’m really glad we can do something to keep her legacy going.

I’m in. Thanks for doing this Ed!

Done.

A great way to honor someone who contributed so much to this place.

Great idea, IMHO.

OTOH, think how many tubas that school could have! Surely enough for their own Tuba Christmas.

I contributed. I enjoy this place so much, and one of the reasons is that TubaDiva made it the place it is today.

Ed, could the Chicago Sun-Times run a report when the TubaDiva Memorial Tuba is presented to her high school? Or at least, will you let us know here?

As for any overages beyond the cost of a tuba, I’d suggest that Jenny’s high school might initiate a scholarship fund. Any funds beyond what is necessary for a tuba at her high school, might help music students at her high school study music at a university. It could be called the “TubaDiva Trust Fund.”

I’m sure they can squeeze in one more.
Like a tuba toothpaste.

Thanks Ed. I just came back (to accidentally make an ass of myself, but also to try and stick around), and I just now caught up on this. You’d better believe I’m in.

Those of you who are crying, know that ya got one more. Just…damn.