The TubaDiva Memorial Tuba Fund campaign is now underway

I’m in. Glad to help.

Me too.

That’s an impressive obituary. Thanks for setting up the fund.

What’s the timeline/plan for the GoFundMe site? As one of the early donors, I love clicking on the site and seeing how the number of donors and amount of donations has swelled - every time I look, it’s more! (And in these terrible times, I really appreciate the day brightener.) But the initiative has now earned more than 2x the original goal. What’s the plan for concluding and spending the money?

ETA - if that sounds demanding or grumpy, mea culpa! This is a wonderful tribute and I thank Ed and all the donors for stepping up. I’m simply curious.

It’s only been up for 6 days. It seems like a reasonable number of people are still learning that Jenny has died. I’d suggest leaving it open at least through August 3, which is the first Monday after some people get paid.

I’ve been trying to reach Jenny’s school, Druid Hills HS, for the past couple weeks via phone and email. so far with no response. I think they were on summer and/or Covid break during much of that time. As of Friday, the voice mail responses changed and the school website is now being updated, so it looks like they’re back in business. I left messages Friday and again just now. If I get no response by the end of the week I’ll conclude they’re not interested and inquire with other Atlanta area high schools, or I may just call the DeKalb County school district. I’ll let you know of developments regardless. Your generosity is much appreciated - the Teeming Millions have really stepped up. -Ed

You could also try reaching one of the band teachers directly, who I’m sure would scramble to get the right ears and eyes on this. I don’t care to link their information here, but a search for the Fine Arts department at this site will bring them up:

http://www.druidhillshs.dekalb.k12.ga.us/Staff.aspx

I emailed the band teacher a couple times already and will do so again.

If you have direct contact info, why not PM Ed?

I have now heard from the Druid Hills HS band teacher, who says he is interested in receiving the gift and will contact the school principal to work out ways and means.

I just saw this and kicked in a little.

I suppose wrapping the tuba in a blanket, leaving it at the front door of the school and running away is not how these things are done.

I am very pleased at this team effort. I am tracking this every day.

Good news, everyone!

Thanks for keeping us updated, Ed.

We need a couple of thousand more, folks-I have it on good authority that tubas come three to a blister pack. :upside_down_face:

I take full credit for this turn of events.

Still counts.

With four you get eggrolls.

I prefer Bugles.
:grinning:

Would it be possible to post a link to the memorial in each category? While word has definitely been spread regarding our loss, I’m not sure if everyone is aware of the memorial fund. If that has already happened and I just missed it, I apologize.

We’re up to 2-1/2 tubas!

Imagine the poor student forced to play half a tuba.