TubaDiva Memorial Fund (for her family) is finally up

It’s taken me FAR too long to get this going, but I had to stop waiting for info and get it started at some point.

This is separate from the campaign Ed Zotti set up to buy instruments in her honor - this one directly benefits Jenny’s family, specifically her mother, to cover whatever final expenses she has to deal with. Becky has expressed a great deal of gratitude for the affection she’s seen and been shown in the wake of Jenny’s passing, but at last contact was still dealing with the loss pretty hard, not yet ready to deal with any more than necessary.

Hopefully all of us can help ease her burden at least a little with this - please spread the word and thanks in advance for whatever you are able to do.

Donation made. Thanks for setting this up.

Thanks for doing this. Donation made.

Thanks , MZ!

Done.

Donated. Is there a link to Ed Zotti’s fundraiser? I missed that.

StG

I’m in. Jenny was one of the best.

I just donated. Still a way to go until the goal is met.

Sent a bit.

This year has really sucked. We’ve been blessed in that everyone we know has been healthy and happy. But shiz has happened and more keeps piling on.

There’s a major overage in the actual tuba fund… could some of that be switched over?

Done and done… Thanks very much for posting.

I thought they were going to buy additional tubas with it. I gave after they had met the initial goal because I was told that they money would support more tubas.

I have no objection to this additional fundraiser, but I would feel misled if the money I donated towards tubas were diverted to something else.

Earlier thread: The TubaDiva Memorial Tuba Fund campaign is now underway

I agree with this though I’d be ok with some excess funds going toward improving the equipment inventory or facilities of the high school music program, probably at the discretion of the department head.

I’m really proud that the fund is nearly triple its original goal.

I agree. I donated to both, but I know some people had issues with Jenny’s family, and wanted more to support brass, which Jenny loved. There was no service given, and a cremation isn’t terribly expensive, although a burial is. I’m not sure what the family will do with this money, but I was glad to drop a little in the hat.

StG

Yeah, I’d be fine with that sort of diversion. That’s clearly in support of the same overall goal.

But I wasn’t going to contribute towards that fundraiser due to it having reached its goal, until I was told what would be done with the overage – and then I decided I wanted to support that. So I hope my donation goes to supporting the school music program in Jenny’s name.

In a capitalist society, money is a sincere way to say “I care”. And I think every grieving person likes to know that other people cared about their loved one, too. I have no idea whether the family needs money – I assure they could use it, because otherwise the fund would likely have been set up for some charity they chose – but either way it’s a nice gesture.

But I believe that donating to the music fund would satisfy that need to show you care, and the family’s need to know that Jenny was held in high esteem.

Before the days of GoFundMe, people sent flowers or brought over a casserole.

StG

Probably not, but I’ll forward this to Ed anyway.