TubaDiva memorial

It’s been suggested that a fitting memorial for the late Jenny Paradis, better known on this board as TubaDiva, would be for the Teeming Millions to donate a new tuba in her honor to her old high school, where she first learned to play. The SDMB staff thinks this is a great idea as does Jenny’s brother Ed, who first told us of her death. I’ve put a call in to the school to see if they’re amenable to such a bequest. We would likely use an online fundraising platform such as GoFundMe. I’ll post additional information to this thread when we get the details worked out.

The many kind thoughts that have been posted about Jenny are much appreciated. The SDMB staff joins with you all in wishing she were still here to see them, and is having a hard time coming to grips with the fact that’s she’s not.

Thank you, Mr. Zotti! And hello.

I’m good for a hundred.

We all owe Jenny a great deal.

Excellent idea.

I’m in.

I will be happy to help.

Great idea. Thanks, Ed

Thanks, Ed! I look forward to chipping in when you’ve got it set up.

+1

me too

Definitely. Was it Decatur High, by any chance?

Thanks, Ed.

It wasn’t Decatur High. I’ll provide full details once I get the word that the school is on board with this.

I’m in.
Hi, Ed Zotti.

Heard from Cecil lately? :blush:

I’ll chip in too. It’s a lovely idea.

I love it. Can we inscribe it?

The TubaDiva Memorial Tuba.

Thank you for doing this. I would be pleased to donate.

I will donate

I’m in.

Might I suggest Decatur High, if Jenny’s alma mater says “no”, for whatever reason? Since that was her (and my) home.