This so called computer "work"

All you webmasters and other computer folks, what do you do all day besides read my e mail messages that the network isn’t working right?

Hey! Be fair. I also read your personal emails and occassionally change a line or copy someone you neglected in your cc:

Hey, we all need hobbies.

Besides that (and the 11,529 voicemails the average day brings), we also have the joy of trying to explain to people why disk space on the servers is a limited resource and that there are better places to store the 800MB of .MPG files you’ve gotten in your e-mail. Grrrrrrrr.

[exit mumbling "I love my job… I love my job…]

Shared pain is lessened; shared joy is increased.

And I suppose you save all my e mail too, for legal purposes?

Not for legal purposes… For Creative Pursuasion (read…Blackmail) purposes.

On particularly busy days I try to make the time to check out what the users are storing on their C:\ drives and their home drives on the LAN. I can’t believe some of the things they put out there thinking they are safe.

On days when we have real problems my teammates and myself like to send out emails saying that we are aware of the problem and are working feverishly to fix it. Then we sit back and see how many of the dumb ass users STILL call to report the problem, thinking that they MUST be the first person affected.

Thanks,

Daniel

or effected.

And then there are the times when we issue incorrect grammatical advice just to see if people will believe us.

The best lack all conviction
The worst are full of passionate intensity.

And how many of you guys are temps/contractors?

Not I. I==married and desiring security.

Used to be an independent consultant, though. Of course I only had one client and I worked for them for 6 years. shrug I might have been confused about the concept.

The best lack all conviction
The worst are full of passionate intensity.

Lets not forget the marketing and other high boys up the ladder trying to chip in their “vast knowledge” of internet tidbits on design.

If I get one more memo asking me why we dont use blinking tags, cheeseball animation gifs, or so much fat ass java applets I am gonna go postal.