This Winter Sucks !

Aren’t we cranky? :wink:

I was happy today; the temp when I left this morning was 58F and when I got home it was 70F. That I can deal with. Enjoy even.

ANYWAY, I’m gonna be in Rochester, NY this weekend (assuming the plane can land) and it’s going to be my first time seeing snow. After that, I will consider myself qualified to tell you all whether you’re being brats or not. :smiley:

We have just surpassed 120 inches for the season, Erie PA.:mad:

Hehe!! So is Anchorage THIS year. Unseasonably warm all autumn, and now, in February when we should be getting a 2 week long 10-30 below zero cold snap, it’s in the 20s.

(keeping fingers crossed, hoping the annual cold snap “forgets” to visit this year!!!)

Just in case you haven’t seen enough already, i thought i’d link to some pictures i took in my neighbourhood here in Baltimore yesterday.

I grew up in Sydney, Australia, and it will be a cold day in hell before i get sick of snow (:)). I love it.

Damn…You are even beating us out here in Rochester…although we’re close (118.6")!

The key is to bundle up and get out and enjoy the snow! I cross-country ski and once a week we even play ultimate frisbee in the snow…It’s awesome! And, the snow is so beautiful!!! Of course, I’ve loved snow ever since I was growing up in Washington DC and was so excited that I couldn’t go to sleep when there was a snowstorm…I’d go out and measure it every few hours. Somewhere I probably still have the records I kept of our snowstorms. I still get excited when a storm hits here (or even a big storm hits somewhere else…I can live vicariously too!)

I do hate the lack of sun here in Rochester in the winter…although November through early January are the worst for that. This time of year, it starts to get a little sunnier and at least the days start to get longer.

Here in Halifax we’ve surpassed the 200cm (90in) mark and had two weeks of of -20 to -35 C temperatures. It is normally quite mild here and hovers around the 0C mark.

My common refrain is “at least we’re not in Newfoundland”. Those poor bastards have had over 400cm (181in) and check out this town.

Oh yes, those are some really nice pics mhendo!

The key is to bundle up and get out and enjoy the snow! I cross-country ski and once a week we even play ultimate frisbee in the snow…It’s awesome!

I’m just testing to see if I know how to post a reply with a quote in it.If you are reading this, than I must 1) apologize for wasting your time, and 2) accuse you of being a total idiot for ignoring the subject line

I wonder if this attempt will fail like the last one…

chappachula, try the button that says “Preview reply”. That way, you can test to your heart’s content and all we get to see is the perfect final version!