Tiger Woods Looks Better Now.

Have any of the rest of you seen Tiger Woods’ recent mugshot? I ask, because for some reason, I think he looks much better now, than he did when he was younger.

He always looked attractive, I think. But for some reason, when men get older, they get even more sexy, I have noticed.

Their features soften, and they get just a little gray in their hair. They sometimes lose a little hair too, which really isn’t all that bad, I think (Hair Club For Men notwithstanding).

Has anyone else noticed the phenomenon I am talking about? (I also like the scraggly salt-and-pepper hair he has now, for some reason.)

:):slight_smile:

Remember doing a project about him in 6th grade a while back in the US before his scandal…:rolleyes:

Can someone explain what happened between him and his wife involving the house they shared?

Softened features? Dude looks like he was coming off a bender, to me.

One reason Woods “looks better” in his mugshot may be that ESPN apparently photoshopped it.

Exactly. That is not a flattering photo.

Yeah, he looks like he’s still on the post-surgery painkillers. Not a Nick Nolte mugshot, but definitely not someone I’d put in the “looks better older” category.

The winner of that particular prize is, hands down, Donald Sutherland.

You know, something about Tiger’s explanation that his recent trouble was due to an “unexpected reaction to prescribed medication” struck me as, “Really? Again?”

I went looking, and, lo and behold, I found an article from 2009 describing the car crash caused by Elin’s ahem discussion cough while holding a golf club. From the article: “According to TMZ, Woods told a friend that he wasn’t drunk at the time, but had been taking painkillers.” (Link to article.)

Apparently, despite have a metric crap-ton of money, Tiger can’t seem to find anyone to be his chauffeur, a nurse/caregiver to manage his medications, or a spokesperson to help him come up with plausible stories.

I don’t disagree with the general phenomenon the OP describes, especially as I myself get older, but that mugshot is not a good example of it.

He has had 4 back surgeries. I would wager he has a problem with painkillers.

Not to mention the BAC of .000 he registered at the time of his arrest.

It looks to me like his Asian genes are showing more. He just looked black to me when he was younger. But mostly he just looks older and it look like his hair is thinning. I don’t think he looks better at all.

Five years ago, I was one of the only SDMB regulars saying Tiger was finished and would never be a champion again.

Obviously I was right… but damn, I never imagined his life could go this far South.

He looks like shit on ice. Hell, he’s uglier than ME!

Well, he does live in Florida.

The first thought I had was that he looked tired, bald, and bloated. So, not really.

Tiger Woods’ mug shot looks awful. And I don’t agree with the OP. When Woods was a young man he looked much better than that mug shot.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I guess. Or in the eye of Jim B.-holder.

Someone on Twitter said something like, Tiger now looks like that friend of your who always says people tell him he looks like Tiger Woods and you go, “Eh, I don’t see it.”

It’s really hard to delete a background when hair gets in the way, it can take an hour of tweaking to do it well, even for a plain background like that. If they had to rush it onto air and only had minutes available, they easiest way is to just shear off the fuzzy edges. It no doubt happens a lot for loads of headshots, but only occasionally is it picked out for additional analysis.

When I saw that Tiger mug shot, it reminded me of the OJ Simpson mug shot from 1994 that Time and Newsweek magazines darkened for a more sinister look – in part because it wasn’t the smiling, personable and successful OJ Simpson that America, until that point, had grown to know and love.

OJ Simpson, original and darkened: https://www.google.com/search?q=oj+simpson+mug+shot&client=safari&hl=en-us&prmd=niv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwif65aYh5rUAhVk34MKHV3wA-4Q_AUICigC&biw=1024&bih=672#imgrc=o7lwmUx5zF1SBM:

Tiger Woods: https://www.google.com/search?q=oj+simpson+mug+shot&client=safari&hl=en-us&prmd=niv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwif65aYh5rUAhVk34MKHV3wA-4Q_AUICigC&biw=1024&bih=672#hl=en-us&tbm=isch&q=tiger+woods+mug+shot&imgrc=QzadUaRUaxEQIM:

23 years apart, their looks in their mug shots and their effects were similar.

I would wager that he has a problem with pain.

When I saw this thread yesterday, I didn’t realize he had been arrested. After work I saw the mugshot and article in the paper - can’t imagine how anyone could seriously think Tiger looked good in that shot.

Tiger was a goodlooking kid when he first came out. Then he beefed up, and was a handsome stud. Then - after a couple of surgeries - he went into a period where he seemed to be carrying his age well (appearance-wise, at least) as a very fiut mature man.

In this mugshot, he just looks old, tired, and bloated.

Like someone said, the guy can’t afford to hire a chauffeur - at least for 3 a.m. drives?