To call or not to call (dating)

Just got back from a date. (One actually showed up). My problem is I can never tell how it went. I’m not asking for my situation but in general how do you know if a date went well. I guess you could say if you didn’t know how it went, it must not have went well.

Usually if we’re both still there in the morning and no one tries to quietly slip out I assume it went OK.

That or as long as no one throws up on anyone.

Mark, my man. Gotta give it a few days. Not to play it cool, but so she doesn’t think you’re obcessed. Give her some time, call in a few days, maybe two, and ask her out again. It can be hard to resist the temptation to hear her voice again, but you must.

Just because you don’t know if it went well doesn’t mean it didn’t. It is NOT necessarily a good thing to be infatuated and all tingly on the first date. I agree that you should give it a few days - you don’t want to appear anxious - and try for another date. Taking it slow and getting to know someone is the best way to fall in love.

I agree with Syco, sometimes the terror of the situation can interfere with your understanding of it. I haven’t been on a date in a while, but I got caught in an artillery duel on the Sino-Vietnamese border, which is a similar experience. The funny thing, the whole time I thought the Chinese were shelling with 130mm field guns, and it turns out it was the Vietnamese using 120mm mortars!

Seriously though, I have trouble estimating my standing with people I’m really interested (i.e. single women). Just dig yourself a nice deep foxhole and give her a call in a few days. Tell her you had fun.

Nothing I write about any person or group should be applied to a larger group.

• Boris Badenov

You must all be guys. Call her. She’s dying to hear from you. Even if it didn’t go great, she’ll be very happy that you called.

(And by call her, I mean tomorrow! Not next week!)

Cessandra

Why sex is better than religion: There are laws against forcing sex on minors who can’t think for themselves.

Nooooooooooooooo Markxxx, don’t listen to her. Don’t call just yet. Sunday maybe, and then pretend you’re just calling her because you had nothing else to do, but really would like to go on another date because you enjoyed the first one (Note: don’t say this if she answers your call by saying: “O. It’s you”. She should at least sound a little enthusiastic !).
No need to put everything on the line already: if she would have been dying to hear from you tomorrow, she would have at least showed you SOME sort of proof your date went well TODAY. Like, tongue or something. Depending on what age bracket you’re in, I’m not sure if we’re talking about any bases beyond first at this stage :wink:

Coldfire

“You know how complex women are”

• Neil Peart, Rush (1993)

Does she have e-mail? If so, send her a line that says something to the effect, “Thanks for a nice evening.” Blah blah blah, but don’t make it too long. Then wait for her response. A phone call can do the same thing, but it takes less nerve to send an e-mail.

Good luck!

Call her… even if only to say thanks for a nice evening… if you play too hard to get she will too… games, games games LOL Women like to know that you are interested.

We are, each of us angels with only one wing;
and we can only fly by
embracing one another

Ehem. Also: see sig.

Coldfire

“You know how complex women are”

• Neil Peart, Rush (1993)

I gotta agree with the two day thing. If you’re not sure she had a wonderful time, then you want to wait a day or two (but not much longer than that) to call her and ask her out again.

And make sure you’re in a great mood when you call. She’ll hear your mood in your voice, and you don’t want to come off as depressed or desperate.

You say “cheesy” like that’s a BAD thing.

Notice that all the men say wait, and all the women say call the next night to say thanks.

Think about what SHE wants. Call her.

Great, now that you got someone to date maybe the subjects you post be a little less borderline insane? :slight_smile:

Do what you **want ** to do. Don’t call or refrain from calling for any of these silly-ass reasons. If it occurs to you “Hey, I think I’ll call <her name>”, pick up the phone and dial. If you’d only be doing it out of some concern for what you “should” do, …don’t.

Designated Optional Signature at Bottom of Post

Yeah, what AHunter# said. :wink:

I guess what I meant is do what you feel the situation warrents. If you think she’s cool with a phone call, then go for it.

If you got mixed signals, then be careful.

You say “cheesy” like that’s a BAD thing.

Call her, for cryin’ out loud! If she likes you she’ll be happy to hear from you, and if she doesn’t, at least you’ll know she doesn’t. Either way, you’re better off calling.

“The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us.”

• Bill Watterson

Mark, did you get laid? I mean isn’t that how guys know if a days goes well?

Did you call ? what did she say?
and yes, did you get laid?

Unforgiven