Trashy food

Ditto all that, except my weakness isn’t Diet Mountain Dew. It’s that evil A&W Root Beer empire. They conspire to make their root beer so…creamy and tasty and foamy… (channeling Homer Simpson: glurrrrrrgh).

And I don’t even buy the diet root beer! I’m terrible. :slight_smile:

I put another foot into land-of-the-eternal-leglifts-as-punishment when I surreptitiously pitch a scoop of vanilla tofutti ice cream into the root beer glass.

Uh, gotta go… :smiley:

You forgot to add “… the following day.” to your statement!

Anyway, my favorite trashy food has to be those 50 cent burritos (bean & cheese, please!) microwaved until warm, and then topped with canned chili and cheese.

It’s probably up there for the worst thing I could eat, but it’s so tasty… about the only thing I could do to improve it would be to deep-fry the burrito.

Just bought a huge jar of something I love that nobody else seems to.

Last night I brought home a jar of pickled pigs feet. MMM-mmmm!

I am so trying out the casseroles/hot dishes in this thread when the weather is cooler.

Sounds like we have winter eating all wrapped up…

And add me to the Hamburger Helper fanbase. Sorry, but it be yummy.

But–this doesn’t get my husband out of taking me out to dinner at The Marina on our next ‘occasion’. :slight_smile:

Tikki - they’ve changed the packaging!! Now they come in a box, not the old kind that were on the styrofoam plate and then shrink wrapped - look closer! They may have just been moved a little on the shelf and you don’t notice them in the new packaging. My son has a love for these too - we freaked when we thought they were no more. :smiley:

Tina’s Burritos. 3/$1 at the Price Chopper. I usually get olne bean and cheese, one beef and been, and one spicey beef. If they have the chicken and cheese, I get that, cause it’s the best, but they rarely have it.

I am enjoying one of my White Trash Favorites right now.

Brown a pound of hamburger and a chopped up onoin. Drain. Return to skillet. Add severa diced/peeled potatoes, a bag of frozen mixed veggies, and 3 small cans of brown gravy. Cover and cook till the taters are tender.

Sort of a stew kinda thing. Takes less than a half hour to fix… YUMMY. I’ll eat on this for about 3 days.

Welfare Dessert:

Line a pan with white bread. Disolve jello according to directions (any flavour) and pour over bread. Top with Cool Whip and put in fridge to set. Some people put fruit before the cool whip. I think it is disgusting, but it is really popular here (and I forget the real name…)

Sonic Drive-In - Coney dogs with mustard & onions & a side of chili cheese tater tots. Wash that down with a frozen lemonaide - mmmm - I am hungry now.

I think you’d have to use canned fruit, if you’re going to add fruit, right? That would fit better than fresh. :slight_smile:

**MEXI-RICE
Browned ground beef and onions
Old El Paso Taco Seasoning

Mixed with:

Cooked white rice

Yum :slight_smile:

(Okay, some diced peppers in with the meat and onions is good, too, along with some corn, just to actually have some vegetable component.

Well, my rum conisseur friends are appaled that I like Bacardi rum and coke and I don’t see much difference between Mount Gay, Delarado or Appleton.

I should add the chips, cokes,frozen burgers and microwaved noodles.

I have finally found my family! You are my people! How about a microwaved baked potato, dump a can of Stokes green chili with pork (or chicken if you’re watching your calories) on it and grated cheese, let it get all melty and sit down with a fork…yummy!

Our dad used to call that “sow belly” just to gross out my sister.

Sadly, it’s probably an accurate appellation.

I should have added to my suggestion of “Spaghetti-O’s and Meatballs” the following:

Lots of pre-ground black pepper (not fresh-cracked, but the sawdusty kind in a can).

Lots of pre-grated Parmesan cheese (not fresh-grated, but the sawdusty kind in a green canister).

Then MICROWAVE.

Also, on the subject of SPAM: Take it out of the can, slice it across the broadest face (so that you get about 4 x 5 inch pieces) at quarter-inch intervals. Fry on both sides until about 25% crispy, then eat between two slices of Wonder bread. No condiments. No seasonings. No veggies. Just SPAM and Wonder.

The Sandwich of the Gods.