Trolls R Us redux [Now the argument clinic]

Yup. I’d be shocked if razordance somehow turns into a reasonable poster with value-added contributions.

O.K.

After I said that his posts are quickly revealing where he stood on the issue:

razordance also has his “why are the gayz associated with pink because it is straight guys who love them some pink” thread. And he got an (obvious) warning in CF in the Cuties thread.

I’m buying what you’re selling.

In this “What would a space battle look like right now?” which razordance started, he’s offered up gems like, “What if we used force fields” and “how about space marines?”

I should have known better but I do like to do a bit of performative outrage.

And now he has been banned for trolling.

Won’t be long until his reprise.

He opened a Puerto Rico Statehood thread in GD a couple days back. Those who know my record on the Board may have noticed I did not jump right in on the subject, and it was partly out of concern for how it would go with that source; also, partly out of a desire to see and hear what others think and say before showing up to lay down some unsolicited Puertorrosplaining. It looks like it turned into yet another Trump thread.

To misquote Lao Tzu, “The dumbass that trolls twice as hard stays here half as long.”

And now we’ll never know…

Absolutely. And having seen some of the other things this guy was saying, I’m perfectly happy to concede that he was a troll. But I’m not going to make that assumption about someone if all the evidence I’ve got is one quoted post that is, by itself, completely unobjectionable.

I find people generally wait until there’s an abundance of reason for suspicion and post the one that is the latest in the line. But by all means, do your own due diligence.

Ex-poster razordance tripped my trouble alarm from the git-go:

IOW, IMO he started as more of a “concern troll” than a flaming jerk. And he was smart enough to not be completely clueless or brain dead about his OPs. Any one of them in isolation would have been innocuous enough.

It looks to me like he started feeling his oats a bit too much and finally with the abortion thread let his inner jerkitude come shining out when his earlier efforts to sow arguing just resulted in our usual wall of sensible, full-length, if rather partisan, responses.

Either that or he finally had a posting session while wasted.

In any case, his banning is no loss for the rest of us.

New sighting: noted contrarian jiveturkey in the GQ thread about police bribery.

Check out the “Donald Trump, Tax Evader” thread and MrMrrmmrmrwhatever. There’s a cluster of posts, but Post 178 (if I’ve counted correctly) is one of the most sealionest things I’ve seen here in a while.

And now :drumroll: the latest entry in “Who Wants to Be a Sealion”:

Is this addressed to me? If so, you could have at least acknowledged the most obvious example of trolling in the thread, where Lance_Turbo made his usual snide comment to me:

If it was not addressed to me specifically, then that’s fine too, but let the record show that I was not the troll. Anything that appeared to be trolling by me was a response to similar snide comments. Not trolling.

I agree. You’re obviously sealioning, which is what I said at the top of the post to which you replied and we don’t seem to have a thread dedicated to sealions.

I make a statement. Lance doesn’t like it, but instead of engaging me as to why my statement was wrong, he makes a snide comment about me and fun house mirrors. I respectfully tell him that he may be right, but I don’t think so. As he otherwise gave no details about anything , I had nothing else to say to him. The he responds again and makes the claim that there is plenty of evidence. That’s when I ask him to show the evidence. He gave none, but instead came back with another snide comment, telling me to “keep up”. This is not sealioning, but thanks for teaching me a new term. As for my comment saying I am done talking with Lance, you have no idea to the extent to which he pulls this shit all the time. I am finally fed up with it, and no longer will engage with him.

You are thick as fuck.

Yes, it’s a useful term to know.