Trolls R Us redux [Now the argument clinic]

Link?

If you insist:

But it’s on you if he takes that as invitation to troll the Troll thread. :slight_smile:

Republic, defined by Mirriam-Webster

a government in which supreme power resides in a body of citizens entitled to vote and is exercised by elected officers and representatives responsible to them and governing according to law.

Representatives.
Representation.

NOT misrepresentation.

What bothers me is the inherent contradiction that people ignore, when they claim that using representation should not somehow be an accurate accounting of the public decision on matters.

If the result of using representatives does NOT in fact represent the public will, then IT IS NOT REPRESENTATION!!!

It’s NOT.

Note that the definition above, does not in any manner imply nor require that such representatives, be ELECTED! The OFFICERS should be elected, but they ain’t representatives, they are administrative staff, HIRED by the public by election.
The people employed by the public as representatives must NOT, NEVER, be elected. Elections do not and cannot result in representation.

The representatives, hired, must be responsible to the PUBLIC, not the elected officers, otherwise the public does not and cannot have the ultimate authority.

As for the governance, according to law, MUST be the law that is enacted BY THE PUBLIC, again, if it were otherwise, then the PUBLIC DOES NOT, NOR EVER DID, have the ultimate authority.

My only promise to the public.
If elected to office as your representative, I will fight for your natural, and civil right to BE equally and properly, represented in government and society.

(You could skip the election, and fight for that shit yourself.)

Shrugz, sigh.

If the process of using representatives, does not give exactly,
EXACTLY,
the same result that voting DIRECTLY does, then it WAS
NOT REPRESENTATION!!!

Wow. Wake up, then grow up.

Wow, that was fast.

Trock, then.

This is an odd sentence construction. To my eyes, anyway.

Guys, I fed him. But the topic is one of interest, so… sorry.

I agree. It does appear to be a sentence construction, that might be authored by a person, that does not use English, as a first language.

However, I was born here, served in our military, and love the people of our nation.

I am unhappy with our government. That’s all.

Glad we cleared that up. :face_with_monocle:

Yawn.

Yep, boring. You are excused from the thread.
You may find some other topic, and be welcome there.

If we want to replace our form of government with a superior form, then we’d BETTER START developing testing and proving a better one FIRST.

OTHERWISE, we end up with another idiotic stack of politicians and lawyers.

Instead of accepting the corrupt, ineffective system we use, continuing to incite division and discord, we COULD use science, the methods of science, to develop, and test better systems of governance.
I am NOT suggesting that scientists should run government.

I am suggesting that we apply our scientific method to the problem of governance, instead of just accepting that what a bunch of guys with elitist agendas decided to use over 200 years ago, is the best and only system we could possibly consider.
We can do better, we should do better, we simply have to make the effort to make the effort.

Fuck off to your other boring and tedious thread.

Excellent. I agree, fuck off to that tedious and boring thread.
It’s much more fun to troll here and trade mindless insults with morons.

Sorry, my bad.

@Spice_Weasel, see why we don’t provide links to the trolls anymore?

any guesses as to who the trock is?

Ugh. Sorry.

That was quick. High five to the mods!

Actually, all good. I suppose it got him to show his true colors a bit faster, gettin the boot.

Kinda sad, a few people actually put some work into that thread, trainwreck as it was.

Remember it’s easy to find threads started by a poster once you know their username.

Click the search magnifying class, then the options link at lower right to open the advanced search page. Put their username in the first “posted by” box then look down to the “Only return topics/posts…” section. In the dropdown at the bottom of the section choose “are the very first post”. Click submit and you’ve found all threads started by your man.

Now that forfyv is banned, he won’t come up in that posted by box. But you can still type @ followed by forfyv in the main input search box to achieve the same result.

I fucking told you what would happen.

The name almost certainly refers to President #45, so a Trump enthusiast by any other name. The entertainment value of a Trumper trying to defend anything with the clause “according to law” in it would have been large yuge!.

Nonetheless, the faster the banhammer the better when it comes to socks; pure concentrated disingenuity is the polar opposite of SDMB.