Trolls R Us redux [Now the argument clinic]

HMSvictory has started and posted in exactly two threads–both about sex with Elle in Stranger Things.

Starving Artist has also had a long thread or two devoted to him as well.

How does he feel about the pregnancy of an actress in Downtown Abby?

The guy (almost certainly a guy) etasyde showed up just below this post a couple days ago

and has been riding the “gold standard is the only good monetary system” hobbyhorse for all it’s worth. Actually for far more than it’s worth, since it’s worthless. But boy howdy, is he a believer.

Other than that his 4-year history seems to be a bog-standard RW apologist. At least he can form coherent long-form arguments. Weak on factual grounding, but not frothing mad.

Well, well, look who crawled out from under a rock [ChiefPedant]:

Thread instantly shut down by WE (to the latter’s credit). CP is technically a sock here too it would seem.

Good. Glad to see an end to this racist, ignorant, pseudoscientific bullshit on this board.

Yes, that prompted me to revive the bigoted asshole omnibus thread.

This thread did not violate SDMB policy. It was closed by a moderator apparently unable to distinguish the question “Is X scientifically testable” from a debate on whether or not X has been found to be true. I am not surprised that SDMB is so afraid of where the science will take us that it closes all discussion on the topic. After all, if science led us toward a genetically egalitarian conclusion, we would be hollering for the science to be done. But all indicators are in the direction of there being substantial average genetic differences among all source populations, and therefore the idea that genes driving neurological function are somehow exempted is rather silly. As to whether I am a “sock” I can say only that my prior password and ID did not work, so I signed into the system again with exactly my previous user ID. This is hardly some sort of back door way to get in…

As to your note here I thought the policy here was to “be kind” and that ideas, but not people, are what should be criticized. But I do recognize that, where you have no substantive counter, the easiest route to get rid of debate is to slap labels and call names. And I am quite used to that.
So please enjoy your little conceit that mother nature has created all of us genetically equal, about 5,000 years ago with no time to diverge our genetic pools. And that if genetic pools did diverge, it could only be for genes related to melanin…bone density…height…renal function…twitch fibers…creatine kinase levels…testosterone…oops, sorry. I meant “only for genes related to melanin,” LOL.

It’s a comfortable little bubble to be in. Except that it will destroy any ability we have to create a truly egalitarian society that takes into account differences handed to us be mother nature and finds workarounds that can lift everyone up to an equal seat at the table.

Enjoy your repetitive bullshit straw men, especially considering that the experiment you described has already been done, and showed no link within the black population between African admixture and lower test scores. It’s you who are afraid of real science, not me. I love science. I love experiments. Nothing would please me more than to see more experiments of this and every other type, about this and any other hypothesis.

So choke on it, you pathetic tool of white supremacists, repeating the same evidence free bullshit year after year, with the same bullshit “creationist” and “egalitarian” straw men year after year. You’re boring and ignorant and dishonest and offer absolutely nothing to this board.

Bullshit.

The rule cited by the moderator specifically says such threads are not allowed, period. Unless there was prior moderator approval, which is highly unlikely.

Try getting permission to start another thread and see how far you get.

Why don’t you share your racist ramblings with ATMB, as you apparently have a disagreement with moderation? We try to keep things civilized down here.

:slight_smile:
:sweat_smile:
:laughing:
:joy:
:rofl:

Moderator Note

It is against SDMB rules to dispute moderation outside of ATMB. Your thread was against our rules as stated, and was a disingenuous attempt to evade them. Further attempts to get around the policy noted in the other thread in this forum or ATMB may be subject to a warning. Drop this now. Do not start another thread on this subject, or attempt to hijack other threads, or you will find your posting privileges under discussion by the staff.

Colibri

Could not have said it better myself.

You’d figure a member of the master race could figure out how to sign up correctly.

So this is probably going to sound naive, but why is it banned to talk about the subject if the evidence is on your side? Don’t you want people to see it in that case?

Moderator Note

I’m not sure what part of “don’t discuss moderation outside of ATMB” and “don’t debate scientific racism” you don’t understand. Drop the subject NOW. Further posts on this will receive a warning.

Colibri

The reason given by WE for locking my thread was " Scientific racism or any particular argument about why any particular group of humans is inherently better than any other group"

My thread suggested that a theory regarding outcome differences based on average genetic pool differences is easily testable using scientific methods. This is not a “disingenuous attempt to evade” a proscription for advancing a particular position. It is an argument over how we might go about doing the science if we did want to find out. I believe you are familiar enough with my history to know that I am capable of discerning the difference, and that it is not I who goes off the guardrails when the subject of race is addressed.

I might further suggest that the word “better” is too nebulous, even in the current guideline. Mother nature does not have any concept of “better” when it comes to genes, other than perhaps “successful reproduction.” Introducing that word as the litmus would permit sidestepping the rule simply by pointing out that any given attribute is not necessarily “better” since all attributes typically come at the cost of something else. Perhaps I have genes that allow me to see with greater acuity; that does not make my “better” than the next organism over if that greater acuity comes at the cost of inferior olfactory sense. And so on.

My own preference would be to give Mods the authority to close any thread for any reason, without explanation. Advancing an incorrect explanation is particularly annoying.

Sorry.

Moderator Warning

You also seem not to understand the plain meaning of my note. This is an official warning for violating moderator instructions. Since you don’t appear to be willing to follow them, I am also suspending you for three days.

Colibri