Trolls R Us Resurrections

He certainly deserved the warning in the Survivor thread, he probably deserved one in the ATMB thread, and I’m a bit disappointed that the mods felt the need to discuss if the first warning was justified.

Oh yeah, because of the metric asshole system.

My guess is that he’s now “on the radar” and if he thinks that it will be okay to toss that sort of language around if he’s “just asking questions”, then he’ll be looking at sanctions.

Actually, and to @Gyrate’s point, that is known as “le système métrique royale” according to the French. Being measured in poop output by mass rather than by volume spewed as in the US. A metric asshole takes a massive dump, not a gigantic dump.

So a shit tonne rather than a shit ton.

Well, Mathed arrived with a bump. 35 minutes ago. You can attach the @ and judge for yourself on this one.

j

I cannot begin to make any sense of that mess.

I judge not a troll, just someone with, shall we say, unique brain function. Their Facebook link goes to an account with screenshots of hundreds (thousands?) of emails to various physics professors and other recipients, with strange mathematical and philosophical inquiries. I try not to snark on such posters.

Well done for your research which, I admit I eschewed. I think that counts as taking one for the team. Perhaps best to leave it be - at least for now.

j

It’s not obvious whether Mathed is one of our former philosophers returned with new footwear, or a newly arrived Deep Thinker. My money is on the latter, actually, because Deep Thinkers abound on teh interwebs, and arrive here with the randomness yet statistical inevitability of the occasional meteor, only less interesting.

You’re being far too rational. It’s in the nature of hard-core social conservatives – the kind with deeply entrenched medieval values that brook no argument – to be meddling busybodies and, therefore, mostly assholes. They like to pretend that any change to those values is an existential threat to everything they hold dear. In actual fact, since most of them are assholes, the real problem is mostly that they can’t stand the fact that a class of people they hate is being treated with some modicum of respect and, worse, being accorded equal social status. This has always been true of all bigots and racists. It keeps them up at night.

It is AlexPontik returned. He posts the same stuff all over the internet under that screen name, so it was pretty easy to suss out. Compare that OP to this one:

https://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=32944

Yup, you’re right. His AlexPontik account here is suspended, which I presume means banned. @What_Exit, do your thing.

I’m not as prolific a hunter as some, but every now and then I bag me a sock.

Rip. I enjoyed the topic.

~Max

Good catch and thank you. He’s Banned and I just have to finish the paperwork as it is.

Possible origin of Hide and Watch.

In the movie Silverado, near the climax a shopkeeper asks the Evil Sheriff (Brian Dennehey), “what’s happening?.”

The Evil Sheriff replies, “Hide and watch.” And then the shooting starts.

Hi

And thanks to both of you for helping to take care of this! :slight_smile:

It’s just too bad that my brilliant sarcasm had to be cornfielded along with the rest of the thread! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I know exactly what you mean. I’ve got stuff in the cornfield that was Pulitzer-level good.

There’s something about trolls and Deep Thinker morons that can be positively inspirational!