Trolls R Us Resurrections

I don’t know. Troll is pretty obvious, even with the half-hearted mea culpa about getting his own ‘facts’ wrong, but those in the know can debate the troll (a given) vs trock.

Well, there were several comments to the effect they were deliberately looking to get a reaction, so, yeah, self-admitted troll at a minimum.

Also one comment I thought self-admitted sock as well, but that was quite a bit more subtle.

A lady had a Dobby statue on Pawn Stars that was originally part of a DVD display. It was creepy AF.

Obvious troll itsokaytohategoogle is accusing other posters of setting up fake accounts. The example he uses is a Facebook interaction he had with a bunch of new accounts. So, new poster is here accusing longtime posters of trolling, using the example of new Facebook accounts as obviously being trolls.

This is all in his Francis Boyle thread in the Pit.

I don’t remember the last time we had such an obvious troll last this long.

Has our friend from Joisey found a new schtick?

I think it’s because they’re staying in the BBQ pit for most of the posts. They can get away with quite a lot there, at least as long as they don’t directly admit they’re trolling. Before I ditched reading the thread, it seems to be a lot of happiness from the troll about being able to say whatever they want combined with ‘neener, neener, I’m not touching you’ since they have the safety of the Pit.

:man_shrugging:

Trolling is against Pit rules too, if you can show they are “posting inflammatory comments solely to get a rise out of people”.

ETA:

Itsokaytohategoogle made a number of inflammatory posts that seem designed solely to get a rise out of people, but from what I can tell these are all responses to other posters who flamed him/her first. I’m not convinced the OPs were trolling vs just a person steeped in misinformation, but it’s a distinct possibility. I only read the one topic though, because… lazy. If most posts are inflammatory on balance - I didn’t count - the precedent is ban for trolling a la Huey_Freeman (unless I misremember reading about that one).

I did report the misgendering of Susan.

~Max

I didn’t flame anybody but I got called both a cunt and a man.

I said some not-so-nice things but I’m apparently a sockpuppet of Cecil Adams so I can’t be blamed personally.

That was the post I reported.

~Max

Thank you.

Clothahump got banned for trolling in the Pit I think.

One of the worst aspects of migration is the broken links. I can find Clothahump’s ban but the links are all dead now. Thankfully I found it,

Clothahump managed to flounce before being banned.

~Max

Google dude sounds like Octo to me. Not saying they are, but that’s who they remind me of.

@Max, I really appreciate your research and dedication (no sarcasm). Just in case it wasn’t clear, I was aware you can get modded for trolling the Pit, just that I felt they were (in a way I think no truly new poster would) posting in the pit so that they could freely attack anyone who dared to disagree with them. They are not admitting to trolling, but I feel that they are, de facto, trolling, just avoiding giving solid evidence to the mods.

Octo doesn’t even sound like octo anymore. He’s well into frothing tinfoil hat territory these days.

Speaking of irrational frothing, I see our resident CRT-conspiracy theorist ZS is having a little timeout.

It appears ZS’s 3-day was up, and then he (assuming) promptly ignored his topic ban, getting himself suspended again. What’s the next step… 30 days?

If you are reading these words, ZS, would like to note that you now have the time to write that omnibus 50k word post which proves all of us meanies wrong, a missive that I’m sure will have us slink away in shame… after being in awe of your logic, of course.

This was Huey Freeman’s exact MO, and he freely admitted it. Not that he was a sock - just somebody who quickly recognized that the bar for “don’t be a jerk” is higher in the Pit than elsewhere.

Can you give a hint about which thread? I’m looking forward to the meltdown of that idiot.

He responded to me, and then deleted his post, in the following:

https://boards.straightdope.com/t/let-me-be-real-clear-this-message-board-does-not-need-conservatives/947474/2973?u=johnt