Trolls R Us Resurrections

Is he really stupid enough to not know the mods can still see, IIUC, that post?

Thanks! Looks like I missed the fun. I doubt ZS will be able to resist that topic for long.

I don’t think agzem is trying to troll the “What IS it with Republicans and not wanting to get vaccinated?” thread. I think he/she/they genuinely doesn’t understand the statistics. However, not reading their own cites and not responding to questions or to debate points is a sign of trolling to me.

I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt and just say this: agzem is too stupid to understand math, too dumb to read, and is spreading deadly vaccine information.

I have them on ignore, so I don’t know why I’m engaging with that drooling moron, but here we are.

Actually I tried to report that agzem’s post for probable hijack, which it became in part because so many good people like yourself tried to correct his misunderstandings. The mods felt (fairly) that it was better to let the board talk it out rather than squash, even if I disagree.

It turned into a really GOOD example of how Republicans and other anti-vaxxers read a headline/intro sentence and then refuse to consider the rest of the information, even from their own sources. Confirmation bias and willful disbelief to the nTH degree.

I don’t know if mule-headed refusal to understand or acknowledge one’s own cites counts as Trolling, but certainly trolling adjacent.

I think that those kinds of disingenuous debating tactics should be (and have been) modded.

My suspicion / hope is that if said individual continues the pattern of misrepresenting cites, after being called out multiple times, that the the mods will indeed step in, and hopefully with a warning rather than just a note.

@ralfy resurrecting several ancient covid threads to drop little ralfies and people are actually picking them up. People, don’t play the ralfies, you could catch something!

Yeah, I tried to get him to put me on ignore. He didn’t do it, but this is better anyway, as I can no longer see his drivel.

New one in the fucking maskhole thread. Joined 5 days ago. I vote trock.

https://boards.straightdope.com/t/fucking-maskholes/915339/1157?u=guest-starring_id

PennTeller’s response to someone who was lost to covid.
Sure, the pit, but nah, not cool, that one.

“Look mommy, someone paid attention to me! I’m not a loser like you said!”

No, it was you being a fuckwit loser.

Oh.
Unfortunate placement of posting, then.
Yeah, that resolved everything.

If you have to explain the joke…

Please do not feed the trock

IKR… whiny little bitches…:

I wear a mask to protect my boss, who’s in his 70’s and fully vaxxed, as am I (and getting up there in years, too). And one of my daughters is very high risk. No one should have to go to work and be exposed to doofuses who can’t be arsed to follow simple safety precautions. I’ve already lost one person I know to covid. That’s too much.

2 Replies

PennTeller
:violin: :violin: :violin:

:thinking:

And I thought PennTeller was just stupid and treated them as a sincere but not-too-bright poster. I guess they weren’t so sincere after all.

Nice squirm; you may fuck-off now.

Lucky guess?