Trolls R Us Resurrections

Yeah, and if someone can show me that they weren’t Canadian then I’ll admit a mistake there. From what I can tell they were. And I tried to be careful to say that the convoy started out with Canadian truckers, because since then a lot of the people in that Ottawa protest aren’t truckers and I’m sure quite a few aren’t Canadian.

I didn’t mean that the whole thing was set up by Canadian truckers, I think it was started as a sham protest idea to try to get the gullible to send money (via GoFundMe or whatever). It’s a grift. I’ve even seen reports that the organizers are vaccinated, they’re hypocrites who realize that if someone is naive enough to fall for vaccine conspiracy theories, they are easy to trick into giving you their money.

But oh well, none of that matters anymore I guess. I’m out to paint a false picture of the protest no matter what I say.

I gotta say, you deserved a warning for calling westy full of crap. I’m glad you didn’t get one! But that was pretty out of line. I’m surprised the mods stopped at a note.

Perhaps 74 is a Canadian trucker who really doesn’t want to be associated with the Covidiot convoy.

In my defense, Westy’s statement was full of crap. I didn’t mean to impugn Westy directly but I realize I did. I meant that Westy was posting crap, and I maintain that. I still don’t know what brought all of that on; I don’t recall any negative interactions with Westy in the past.

Frankly I should have reported Westy for effectively calling me a liar, but whatever. That’s what the ignore function is for.

Oh, totally agree. Sometimes it’s hard to remember what forum you’re in, too.

Who is the most completely worthless regular poster on SDMB? For me it’s between eenerms (weak drive-by gotchas, lacks even the entertainment value of a self-respecting troll) and Isilder (somehow manages to combine total incoherence with supercilious arrogance).

Eenerms is well-known in the Pit:

No one, and I mean absolutely no one, exceeded more in that category (hilariously!) than dougie_monty. (But not a troll.)

This cancel culture thread is currently a huge mess thanks to FortKnox getting suspended and all their posts removed from the thread, which is honestly pretty funny to me since they were arguing strenuously against censorship by private entities on platforms they own.

I am genuinely befuddled. eenerms, of course, is on my list of 49ers, but I hadn’t even noticed Islider up till now.

… Finally! My time to shine!

He only comes online occasionally, rarely interacts, but he posts on a wide range of topics, usually in FQ. His usual M.O. is to come in to a thread well after people have talked through the issues, ignore everything that has been said so far, and post something very confusing that he imagines to be the authoritative answer. He’s a @Stranger_On_A_Train polymath minus 50 I.Q. points plus an abrasive personality. I don’t have anyone on ignore, I feel it’s a personal growth challenge to try to take everything on board with equanimity, but with him I’ve been sorely tempted.

I’m lost. Can anyone tell me WTF the African explorer’s on about in that thread WRT my posts? Attempting to troll me by deliberately conflating the brothers with Karl Marx?

His comments there did not make a lick of sense to me either. It seems he does not understand what is being written, and has twisted it all around in knots. Trolling? Or just not able to parse simple language?

ETA: Or trying to make a joke and failing?

Posting while drunk? He seems full of non-sequiturs today, some of which make more sense than others.

I was lost too. I didn’t say anything because I assumed there was something else going on in the thread that I missed and I didn’t want to look like even more of an idiot than usual. I’m glad it’s not just me.

ETA: Reading it again, I think it was a reference to Mr. Fantastic? He had the ability to twist himself into all kinds of shapes, so maybe it was an implication of really twisted logic or something?

After all, he was in the Fantastic Four with Thing and Human Torch.

Then the later comment about the “triple twist” would be less of a non sequitur. I’m still just guessing here.

I think you have something there.

Thing is, it’s not my logic but rather the logic of the octoputzes of the world.

That’s a stretch.

Careful or you could be band.

Let’s not do this any longer than we have to.