Twin Cities Dopefest, anyone?

Punky! Jack! Spidy! Yay.

Alright… alright… I’ll kick chique in the pants (she’s still around, just not on the boards as a registered user) and see if I can get her up here too for the 20th.

Guess none of the young whippersnappers are gonna step up and organize this, hmmm? Hmmmm?

::: pokes fisha ::: Alright, kid. You started this, you help me. Let’s coordinate this puppy. Sounds like Oct 20 gives everyone the time to get organized.

Everyone say aye? … AYE GOSHDURNIT? Don’t make me take y’all to see the biggest ball of twine in Minnesota… :stuck_out_tongue:

If all goes as planned we will be in the Twin Cities on the 20th (well, our plan is to drive over Thursday night and leave Sunday) so you can tentatively count us in. My husband didn’t even freak out when I suggested meeting some random Internet message board people for lunch. If he had, I would have had to remind him of the time he dragged me all the way to Rochester to meet some random message board guy and buy some live rock for his aquarium from him. Or the time he dragged me to the Twin Cities for the same purpose.

Any of the restaurants mentioned sound great to me. I’ve never eaten at Buca’s or Maggiano’s (googled them, though, and they look fab) and Famous Dave’s is a favorite of ours. If there’s anything I can do help organize, please let me know. I’m three hours away but can certainly use a phone even out here in the middle of nowhere and, as I said, we’ll be in town the day before the event.

I think I could probably be in for the 20th. Maggiano’s sounds good to me.

I’m in for 10/20.

(but I don’t like Buca’s)

I’d be interested in the 20th, as well. Maggiano’s sounds excellent!!

Eli

I think I’m busy in the morning on 10/20, but I would be available for a late-ish lunch. Buca’s good, and I’ve never been to Maggiano’s. Either would be fine with me.

I’ll try to see if I can talk **KeithT **(my husband and fellow doper) into it.

I’m in for 10/20. I can either take the day off or call in sick.

I will check with the husband and get back to you. His cousin is getting married sometime in October, but I don’t remember when. I think it’s that weekend, but I’m not positive. Don’t worry about scheduling around me though. :slight_smile:

10/20 is out for me. Someone save some dessert for me?

I’ll help, no problem. Just tell me what you want me to do.

Haven’t even mentioned the “random strange people from the internetz tube thingy-meeting at some place, some time in the near future” to the Boss yet.

October 20th it is. Sounds like Maggiano’s is the odds on favorite, too.

You’re bringing Bruce Springsteen?!? :eek: My oh my, what will I wear? :wink:

Just giving the thread a friendly bump and delivering the bad news (well, it is for me, maybe not for you guys) that I will not be able to attend on the 20th after all. Our weekend in the Twin Cities has been moved back a week because I can’t get Friday the 19th off. I hope everyone has fun and that you will post pictures afterward. I’ll be with you in spirit.

That’s too bad Val. I hope you had fun at the Ren Fair, though. I found no decent men swathed in kilts this year, alas.

OK, so we have a day (Oct. 20) and a place (Maggiano’s). Did we ever establish a time?

No, we did not. I was waiting to bump it up when we got closer to the date.

Late afternoon? Early evening? Later evening? Just let me know what works for you guys.

Hey! How has this thread been going on this long, yet avoided my detection?

Darn. Cecil’s is a few blocks from my house.

Maggiano’s sounds good. Afternoon works.

My kid’s having his birthday party that day around lunchtime. I might be able to make it later.

We had a great time, though it was a bit rainy when we first got there. I’m not a big fan of kilts myself but we did find a great new piece of pottery for our collection. Reasonably priced, too!

Last time I went to a Dopefest, I ran a deep-in pass pattern…and severely pulled a hamstring. Limped around for the rest of the day.

So, don’t nobody throw no footballs k thx.

Maggiano’s is about 5 minutes from my house, and I think I might be able to make it.

I said “might” because I just bought and “up north” property, and I might have to be out of town that weekend.

(Closed circuit to the Punkyova: Cecils is great! Mmmm!)

Rysdad, I remember that. It was PorkDope wasn’t it? That was a lot of fun.

Hey, I know! Let’s find lno and brainwash him into buying another whole pig! He’ll have to invite us over to help eat it!

Nurse Carmen, I work near Cecil’s. Want to meet there for lunch or something? (We don’t have to include everyone else, since we’ve met and I know you aren’t a serial killer, despite your name. They can come if they want, though.)