Umkay has passed [Not true]

Oh, no!

I don’t live in California, but would like to send flowers or whatever the family is requesting in lieu of flowers.

I am so very very sorry for your loss.

Words cannot describe how sorry I am. I am keeping your whole family in my prayers.

How very very awful. :frowning: Praying for your family,** Notokay**. If it brings you any comfort, she made a very big impact on this place in the short time she was here, was well thought of for her awesome talent and personality, and will not be forgotten.

I didn’t interact with her at all, but reading this thread was incredibly informative and entertaining. Your sister was an amazing, inspirational person, and I’m glad for even this passing acquaintance with her. My deepest condolences on your loss.

That is terrible news. Just shocking.

I never posted in this thread but I was another member of the Umkay Fan Club.

My condolences.

Please do. And my condolences.

I … I can’t believe it. Thank you so much for thinking of us and taking the trouble to let us know, NotOkay. I do appreciate that, and I’m so very deeply sorry for your family’s loss. I don’t know if you’ll ever know how much of an impact she had, but the world is a measurably lesser place for her passing.

You and the rest of your pack of brothers sounded like a big batch of awesome. :slight_smile:

Oh my god. I am so, so sorry for you all.

Notokay, please accept our condolences and pass this along to your extended family. Like a lot of people, I read all 19 pages as they were being written and was completely taken by your sister.

I’m sorry for your loss as Umkay was obviously a very special and inspirational person who will be missed.

Oh no. Oh nononono… I am so sorry to hear this news. Your family will be in my thoughts.

During her brief stint here on the Dope, I know she has made an enormous difference in people’s understanding of disabilities.

Her wit and humor will be greatly missed.

Wow… that’s just heartbreaking. Many condolences to the family, and thanks for taking the time to let us know, even in your time of grief. Your sister was a class act.

Thank you for the great thread, the peek into your life, and the education you provided us, umkay, you will be missed.

I think this may be the very first time that the death of someone I’ve never met has brought tears to my eyes.

No!

death can be so cruelly sudden. So sorry for you and your family, NotOkay. And I’ll miss Umkay (am another lurker on this great thread)

:frowning:

Son of a b-tch.

I don’t know what to say.

We all learned something, and this last voice from Umkay is the hardest thing to accept about such a disability: She can be taken from us too soon, and was.

I feel very blue right now.

Umkay made a remarkable impact in a very short period of time. Count me among those who learned a lot (and not just about her disability). She will be missed.

Deepest sympathies to family and friends.

Just to read the honesty, insight and wit in her writing here on an internet forum was quite something … it must have been a real joy to know her in real life.

I am so sorry for your loss, NotOkay…

I unfortunately came to this thread too late to actually have your sister read anything from me, but I was so engrossed with her enthusiasm for life and her amazing personality that even though she had absolutely no idea who I was, this feels like losing a friend.

She was an incredible person. Even just reading the pages of this thread, her insight and candor have made an impact on my life, and I will remember her. I know that just through her words here, she has touched so many people…I can’t even begin to imagine the impact she had on those who truly knew her in real life.

Please do post information on the wake…I know that I won’t be able to come from Ohio, but I know many people would very much like to attend and pay respects.

Agreed…I would like to as well.