Upcoming "Jeopardy!" on-line test

Who was the children’s author? I put Roald Dahl as a guess but don’t remember the clue.

I did not get Cleveland Plain Dealer. I wish I’d had time to link to the Lucille Bluth quote as my answer: “I don’t understand the question and I won’t respond.”

Me too. That countdown timer was laughing at me. So does “neurosurgeon” That one i got, there were others, like Jackson Pollack that just wouldn’t fall out of my head.

I had no clue on that one or Macedonia.

No clue, I also put Dahl. Something about a Bippalo Seed?

What was Macedonia? Was that the World Capitol one?

In that case, Google says Seuss.

I got neurosurgeon but was desperately trying to count the letters in it as I typed (didn’t work).

I can’t believe I didn’t get GLEE. (That’s the one I hit “Submit” on once too often.)

Yeah, “The Bippalo Seed and Other Lost Stories.” That’s what clued me to Seuss. Silly word plus lost story = people would only care if it was Seuss. :slight_smile:

Oh, yeah, one of the easy ones was “The assassination of this archduke triggered World War I.”

To which I put Franz Ferdinand. I hope their grader program knows that’s the same as Francis (and vice versa).

I was amazed that with some categories they happened to pick the one subject I knew about. It was that way in the practice test too.

That’s why you should always give the last name only.

Yes- Skopje. I blanked and put Bulgaria (sounded eastern European and sounded maybe right, but Bulgaria’s capital is Sofia).

von Habsburg-Lothringen?

I got Macedonia, because it’s the only country around there whose capital I don’t know. Instantaneous deduction.

My total score was 31 (assuming that just “Rockefeller” was okay for naming John D. Rockefeller Jr.). Better than the other two tests, which I took “for fun” from transcripts, but still not good enough, as predicted.

Ah, well.

I got 31 as well.

What’s with the Jeopardy! forums?? That’s where we can usually get the recap of Q&A, or A&Q in this case . :wink:

http://jboard.tv/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=495&sid=46c177cc358076bd51e3c6cc711e7833#

It’s Posted here, where are you looking that you can’t find it?

Well I certainly took it the best night…I would have gotten 20/21 wrong on last night’s, and 18/19 wrong on Wednesdays.

But still, getting a 34/50 isn’t good enough…the consensus is that the cut-off is 35.

Took Wednesday’s test and only got 32 correct. Very disappointing, wish I would have taken the earlier test as I did much better.

I think I got 46/50 on Thursday’s test… fingers crossed.