US voters: Are you afraid of the other side, and to what extent?

I live in the reddest county in a solidly red state. I could throw a rock in any direction and hit a vehicle with a depcition of a weapon on it in one way or another. Oft accompanied by Trump flags and/or the Gadsden flag and/or “Let’s Go Brandon” or whatever other message.

I don’t know how much of it is bluster. What I do know is that in the summer of 2020, there was a George Floyd protest planned for a town down the road. There were threats on social media, and the organizer even backed out because someone had threatened her family. What actually happened on the day of the march was a) the Chief of Police of Steelville marched with us, b) as did the Crawford County Sherrif, c) there were a few extended middle fingers, d) there was a guy in a MAGA hat giving us the stink eye, and e) one guy screamed obscenities at us before driving off.

What do I conclude from all of this? That these right-wing jackasses are mostly like schoolyard bullies: a lot of bluster, very little action.

Then again, there is action: Charlottesville, Jan 6, etc. Whether any of it will affect me directly I can’t say.

Headed down to the local FBI office later today, let them know what America thinks…

Imgur

My God, even my stenciling sucks, lol.

Just taking a Sunday drive, I was 5 miles from my house when I received a “OMG, is this you?” txt from a woman I dated, lol.

Imgur

Aren’t you blocking any use of your rear view mirror?

I agree with the sentiment; but I think that method of expressing it might get you a ticket in New York State.

Article 9 Vehicle Traffic Law Equipment Vehicles Motorcycles.

i) The use or placing of posters or
stickers on windshields or rear windows of motor vehicles other than
those authorized by the commissioner, is hereby prohibited.

Yeah, I took it out of the car when I got home.

Welcome to my neighborhood!

Imgur

You’re a braver man than I, Gunga Din.

Oh, I took it to the local FBI office and stood there for 30, 40 minutes like a dork.

Imgur

No MAGA though.

You look even dryer than we are (judging by the lawn colors; I don’t know about your liquor laws, going by which we’re not dry at all except inside cars.)

– to get back on topic: maybe the lack of howling hordes descending on you will help make others brave enough to do likewise. Hope so.

Lol, I don’t drink alcohol, but my trees are watered daily - that’s why the crepe myrtles still have blooms and the grass underneath the canopy is green.

The dog is a nice touch. Everybody likes dogs.

Got my new sign for tomorrow morning! Will greet the incoming FBI peeps with this puppy:

Imgur

Amazing what new markers will do.

Greeting the FBI because fuck these guyz (video):

Good job JohnT. Sign looks better. The red in the other one was a little hard to read.

Oh, and your dog looks just like our Lani. Except without white socks.

Fuck these guys vol. MCMXVII. Posting the following on various Facebook groups and chats, following the lead of our President:

Imgur

MAGA is… not happy to hear this to say the least.

They’re the Taliban.

Excellent JohnT.

I’m sorry to say it, but if they want riots? If they want civil war? Well bring it on assholes. We are absolutely sick and tired of you morons.

I’m not sure in what thread it was, but there was a video of said morons losing their shit because a group of people came to perform security against MAGA moron protesters. The bar was having a ‘Drag’ night. It did not involve cars.

One of the idiots was saying look, he has an AR 47. MAGAt’s generally want to have more weapons and claim to know about them. I wouldn’t trust him with a sling shot. Idiot.

Payback is a bitch ain’t it.

“AR-47”?

Well, that’s what he said. :man_facepalming: Not that I want to give ANY MAGOT a break, but I’m sure it was a pretty highly stressful situation. I’m also sure that the man that mentioned an “AK 47” had an IQ of the average hat size.

I found it funny that in that video, one of the people providing protection carrying an AR variant, was wearing the gay pride colors on a bandana on his wrist.

The people that where providing security, may or not been gay. Don’t care. MAGAt’s feaked out because only they are NOT supposed to have “AR 47’s” :rofl:

Too late to edit. The man was calling an AR variant an AK 47. Doesn’t really matter I guess.

I am surprised to not see more AK-47’s cheep and abundant. And just about any idiot can spray and pray with it.

The whole point of this fascist movement is to scare people and hurt people, to take their revenge on everyone they see as the enemy, which is almost everyone. Why shouldn’t I be afraid?

I’m not that personally fearful because I live in a very liberal area with none of the stupid cruelty politics of some blighted areas. But I am very afraid for the country, and for the people who are in immediate harm’s way.