We clearly need a New England Dopefest.

So the 17th of November is a joyous occasion for many reasons.

First of all, quietgirldownthehall is coming to visit me.

Secondly, one of our favorite bands, The Nields (folk band- they’re quite excellent), is playing in Haverhill MA.

We clearly need a Dopefest.

The options are as follows:

1. Gather in Boston for an afternoon and early dinner and have those interested in the concert drive to Haverhill. Alternately, those dopers not interested in the concert (which will be quite excellent) can make their own wild debauchery.Haverhill’s about an hour and a half away from Boston, I believe.

2. Gather in Haverhill and make our amusement there.

Jen’s got a morning flight to Manchester and we’re trying to figure out how that’s all going to work out.

At any rate, this will be most excellent fun. Come on, darlings, we’re not taking excuses from anybody.

No excuses given, I’ll be there.

I can’t see anything barring me from attending either! I’ll most likely drag virtee along with me.

I would love to come! With any luck, I’ll have gotten the translating cheques too so I’ll be rolling in dough.

Three potential problems:

1. That’s the week before I go to Winnipeg for the NDP general convention.

2. The plans are very vague, and so I have no frickin clue how to get there. Any other Mtlers wanting to go?

BTW, I like the Boston idea. I’ve never been to Boston before.

I would love to come! With any luck, I’ll have gotten the translating cheques too so I’ll be rolling in dough.

Three potential problems:

1. That’s the week before I go to Winnipeg for the NDP general convention.

2. The plans are very vague, and so I have no frickin clue how to get there. Any other Mtlers wanting to go?

BTW, I like (voire: prefer) the Boston idea. I’ve never been to Boston before.

I’m really more of a mid-Atlantic Doper, but (assuming I’m not broke at the time) I like the Boston idea too! I could probably catch a train out of NY Penn.

Unless, of course, I’m broke. Stupid landlord wanting his stupid rent… :wink:

Oh, I’d LOVE to go.

Except.

(Yeah, there’s always one of those.)

andy and matt, I’m sure you understand my problem. My parents are still mad at me for going to Grumpy’s, what’ll they say about Boston?

Maybe if I could convince Scott to come with me…

Matt, Lauren, and anyone else who is thinking about coming over from North of where I am:

Since it’s a bit of a long ass haul to Boston from Montreal (and other points North) at the moment, what with border crossing, I am happy to house you with me/some of my willing friends on Friday if you want to come over then. It might make things easier travel-wise, although you will then have to officially spend all of Saturday with me and Jennifer.

I have to say, though, that I can’t let anyone crash with me on Saturday night. I might be able to get a willing friend, but I have to have some time with my girl.

I actually think I might rent a car for the weekend to make life easier. It depends on the sheer amount of bus fare that we’ll be going through otherwise.

And I said before, we’re not taking excuses. Just tell your mom that andy would be very upset otherwise.

If it’s in Boston (and my theology paper due that Tuesday is finished), I’ll be there.

Nov 17th? I’m there! Coming from Burlington VT, so if anyone needs transportation or anything, let me know… we’ll say I’m 75% sure I can make it at this point.

Oh, by the way Robot Arm, so are you going to tell us about your pre-dope fest bondage experience? And will there be another one this time? And will we be invited? :smiley:

Nov 17th? I’m there! Coming from Burlington VT, so if anyone needs transportation or anything, let me know… we’ll say I’m 75% sure I can make it at this point.

Oh, by the way Robot Arm, so are you going to tell us about your pre-dope fest bondage experience? And will there be another one this time? And will we be invited? :smiley:

I’m there! I’ll finally get to meet QuietGirl!

Nov 17th? I’m there! Coming from Burlington VT, so if anyone needs transportation or anything (I come down I-89 to I-93), let me know… we’ll say I’m 75% sure I can make it at this point.

Eonwe- Could you bring me some cases of diet moxie? I’m willing to paypal you some money if neccesary. Send me an email if you can do this. I just love that moxie stuff.

Diet Moxie? Shudder. Truly the original Moxie is nectar of the gods, but Diet? I supposed it’s bound to be better than the new Moxie they tried to peddle some 20 years back. Now that was vile.

First, sorry about the three (gulp, wow, that’s a mistake) repeated posts. My connection here at work was behaving funny.

Don’t forget about “Moxie Free,” “Moxie Clear,” and, “Moxie One.” :slight_smile:

Just gotta say, I recently was inspired by some fellow dopers to try this stuff. It’s my new favorite soda! Aparently it’s only available in the cola-mecca of Vermont or something.

I would love to go, and it’s even close to my birthday! (My birthday being the 13.) Unfortunalty, as with all Dopefests I would love to attend, I do lack a way to get there. If anyone would be driving on I-90 from west of Albany (i.e. you pass Albany on the way to Boston) then you might be close enough to swing by and pick up 'ol bouv.

If I had not just dropped $50.00 for a bus ticket down to VA for Dope-A-Ween, then I would take a bus, but college students tend to be poor, and can’t afford these large multitudes of bus tickets.

I would love to do this. I’d have to see about Saturday; I may possibly be able to stay with some Esperantist in Boston, or maybe with another Doper?

Also, do you know that minus the border, it’s shorter to drive from Montreal to Boston than to Toronto? Wow.

I would dearly love to meet you all: quietgirl, andygirl, matt_mcl, everyone else… (I’ve already met Robot Arm, and the pleasure was mine.)

But I’m over here in Kingston that weekend, and I do have to work… Sigh. (Otherwise, the silver streak could probably swing by Montreal or “west of Albany”…)

Any chance for a NE(& friends) dopefest around, say, Thanksgiving?

I may potentially be able to offer a place to crash in Providence RI. I totally don’t have a problem with crashing Dopers at my house, but as of this moment, our spare room is in the process of being prepped to be painted. If it’s done in time, I have room for a few people, if you promise not to lick the walls, because there’s probably lead paint in there.

I’ll keep you all posted!