Well, I'm a Grandpa!

I won’t even be 50 until this Halloween. Grandpas are supposed to be old and gray. 50 isn’t old, and I’m not gray (at least not on my full head of hair. I’m not bald either).

But tonight my youngest son and his wife had a healthy baby boy. 9 pounds 10 ounces, red as a lobster and fighting mad coming out!

Congratulations, Gramps.

Congratulations!

Congrats! Thanks to my younger sister, My mum & dad became grandparents at 40/41 respectively, so 50 is not too young!

Hooray!

Wishing you and them a lifetime of joy and happiness as a family.

A healthy grandson and legal use of the term “whippersnapper.” This is a good day for you. Congrats.

A VGF of ours became a grandpa at 38, so really, you are behind the curve, Old Man!
Congrats!

Prepare to spoil!

The kids not even 24 hours old and my wife is already in the spoiling mood!

We just celebrated 30 years at the end of January, so this is a nice anniversary gift.

Thanks for the responses folks!:slight_smile:

Congratulations! We are expecting our first grandchild in April.

My grandparents were young grandparents (44 when my older sister was born), and my husband’s parents are also. It’s kinda nice. My inlaws have taken each grandchild (or pairs) an really nice vacations with lots of sight seeing and trekking. If they were 15 years older I think they’d be enjoying their teenaged grandchildren mainly by occasional quiet (boring) visits.

Many blessings to you and your family.

Awesome! Congrats to you and your family. :slight_smile:

Whee!

Myself, I became a great uncle 24 hours after I was married. I was 28 at the time.

(My wife is the baby of the family, her oldest brother’s youngest son (19 at the time I think)'s girlfriend was pregnant. He still came to our wedding the day before she gave birth (19 year olds aren’t famous for their responsibility) and went fishing with his uncles and brothers the day after the wedding while his girlfriend was giving birth. He’s grown up a lot and become more responsible in the ten years since though (he and gf are now married). (What else makes me feel old is that her oldest brother’s oldest son is my age (well, about 6 months younger than me. I tell him to call me “Unkie Dave” for the hoot of it. :slight_smile: )

I comfort myself in the fact that a) my wife is the baby of her family (I mentioned that a few times, right? :D) and b) I’m only a great uncle (a couple times over now) because I married a great aunt. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Congratulations! My mom had a sign in the house that said “Grandchildren are God’s reward for not having killed your own children.” Here’s hoping you enjoy your reward!

That’s too good for just a sig. Instead I think I’ll grab my router and a plank of seasoned hickory.

My MIL has a sign we gave her: “Grandchildren are the best revenge.”

Congratulations, pk!

I like to think I wasn’t that bad growing up but I probably was…

Should we get off of your lawn now?

Congrats! Now you can hand them back when they start crying!

I was a grandma (or a nana, to be precise) three years ago at the tender age of 48. My second grandson is due in May. Would rather be a little on the younger side to keep up with them. Of course, I also have a 9 year old son…

And turn down that blasted music, ya bunch of rotten punks!

The problem with these kids nowadays is…

they’re too young!

Last night when I left the hospital I whispered in the babies ear “I have to leave now. I’m gonna go home and bang your Grandma!” My wife told me I was now officially a dirty old man. How right she is. And I’m going to be one until i’m a dead old man!:smiley: