What are you looking forward to?

Right now, I can’t wait for the next episode of Venture Brothers. On the longer scale, I’m on fire waiting for the next season of Battlestar Galactica. Usually, I just maintain calm and get on with my life. But sometimes it just feels like it will NEVER arrive. Damn.

What are you on tenterhooks for?

I am eagerly anticipating some new Futurama, in any form. The last I heard, the project to produce new episodes was going full steam ahead, with all the voice talent signed on. I sure hope this doesn’t go kaput. I want to be able to say “Good news, everyone!” when the new eps are finally ready.

Movies:
The Black Dahlia (tomorrow!), The Prestige, Spider-Man 3, Pirates 3.

TV:
The return of The Office, 24, The Shield, Scrubs, and oh yes, more Venture Bros.

Comics:
The final Losers TPB, the first Rex Libris TPB, the complete Buffy Season 8 TPB (#1 hasn’t even come out yet), all the 52 TPBs (I don’t buy single-issue comics anymore).

[QUOTE=pinkfreud]
I am eagerly anticipating some new Futurama, in any form. The last I heard, the project to produce new episodes was going full steam ahead, with all the voice talent signed on. I sure hope this doesn’t go kaput. I want to be able to say “Good news, everyone!” when the new eps are finally ready.
[/QUOTE]

Great. Now I have yet ANOTHER awesome thing to await.

I’ll have to wait a while for any of these…

PRINCE CASPIAN and the rest of the NARNIA films (at least PC is now in production!)

COWBOYS FOR CHRIST (the authentic follow-up to THE WICKER MAN)

the proposed ATLAS SHRUGGED movie trilogy

GRAYSON

The October long weekend in two weeks’ time, by which time I’ll have finished all of my uni assignments/tutorials and be able to relax a bit.

Rome, season 2 (hopefully)

The sequel to Elizabeth, which I just found out was being filmed starting in April (YEAH!!!)

The last Harry Potter (duh).

Blessed nightly periods of unconsciousness, and eventually sweet, sweet death.

And Battlestar Galactica.

The Departed.

  • CSI Season 6 on DVD (November 21) so I can finally watch it.

  • The new World of Warcraft expansion.

the 50th anniversary DVD of ** Forbidden Planet**, with lots of extras, including “lost” footage on November 14.

http://www.dvdtown.com/announcement/forbiddenplanet50thanniversary/3775/

The return of LOST (and its associated Cafe Society threads in which we analyze it to death).

October 4th, poeple!

[QUOTE=Trunk]
The Departed.
[/QUOTE]

Sweet, Scorcese going back to making ganster movies!

I’m looking forward to my future step-daughters getting jobs and getting out of the house.

[QUOTE=Trunk]
The Departed.
[/QUOTE]

Yup. I don’t usually get excited when I see movie commercials, but I was pretty stoked to see this one. I really hope Nicholson doesn’t ruin it with his schtick. He can be good when he wants to, but hoo boy when he doesn’t…

I might be leaving work early on October 6th.

It’s not just Scorcese and gangster movies; it’s a remake of the very cool Hong Kong movie Infernal Affairs. If you haven’t seen it, don’t see it until you see The Departed.

I also like Di Caprio, Nicholson, and Matt Damon. It’s got Martin Sheen in it, Alec Baldwin.

M. Night Shyamalan’s The Life of Pi, God help me. I know it’s bound to be disappointing – maybe even infuriating, but I still can’t wait.

[QUOTE=koeeoaddi]
M. Night Shyamalan’s The Life of Pi, God help me. I know it’s bound to be disappointing – maybe even infuriating, but I still can’t wait.
[/QUOTE]

Wasn’t that just a rumor?

Anyway, I IMDBed it and some French dude is apparently making the Life of Pi. The same French dude who made Alien 4.

BUNCH OF STUFF!!

  1. Barney Miller Season 2
  2. Blue man Group, October 6th - this just got confirmed! Woohoo!
  3. Going to a SCA dance next Thursday. Both looking forward to it and nervous.

[QUOTE=Trunk]
Wasn’t that just a rumor?

Anyway, I IMDBed it and some French dude is apparently making the Life of Pi. The same French dude who made Alien 4.
[/QUOTE]

Yikes, you’re right. I’d read about it so many places I just assumed it would be his next film. I didn’t see Alien 4 – is this is a good thing? :dubious:

My flight to Paris. I leave in a few hours, and tomorrow morning will be eating croissants in St. Germain while you all are chowing on Cheerios. :smiley: