What are you thankful for? (Canadian Thanksgiving thread, a day early)

I know it’s a day early (Thanksgiving is on Monday for us Canadians), but decided I might as well post this up now. You don’t have to be Canadian to participate in this, by the way… Thanksgiving isn’t the only occasion where we should be thankful, even if you don’t celebrate it yourself. :wink:

I’m thankful for:

the friends I’ve made here and elsewhere on the Internet, whether old or new (especially Spoz, dantheman, Tuckerfan, Steve Wright, Why A Duck, lel, Scotticher, Cerowyn, Ice Wolf, LeeJam, jackelope, Snooooopy, TheLoadedDog, and Aslan of Narnia… this list is in no particular order, by the way)

all my real-life friends (especially those in the church community, and Yazmine) [most especially Eunice, Eric, Nathan, Andrea, and my other close church friends]

my family (even though I might complain about them, I still like 'em to a certain extent :wink: )

the kids that I know at church (they keep life very interesting, believe me!)

the books I read… they allow me to escape to another world for a while!

I’m sure I can think of more, but not right at the moment. So what are YOU thankful for?

F_X

I’m thankful for a day off, among other things.

Sounds good, corvidae.

Upon further reflection, I’m also thankful for these affirmations and positive thoughts that have come my way:

“Be who you are and say what you feel; because those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind.”

“One mistake doesn’t change or define you.”
Very thankful for the truths behind these simple words… and for the fact that I can now go to bed earlier. :wink:

F_X

I am thankful to know and have known Flamsterette.

I am thankful that I am healthy, if not wealthy and wise.

I am thankful for my satisfactory paycheck, my decent apartment, and my puppy doggy.

Just in case any Canadians are thankful for anything the US has done, I’ll say, “you’re welcome.” I can’t imagine what they’d thank us for, aside from the amusement they get from watching our curious behaviour.

On this side of the border, it’s Discovery Day. We hail all the folks who came here and decided they discovered it. We once called it Columbus Day, for one of those adventurous guys.

I am thankful for my crappy insurance even though they raised the deductible to $750 per person and raised the rates $50 more a month. At least if there is a catastrophic occurence I should be 70% covered.

I am thankful that I had a car accident last year. Cause now I have a brand new 2003 car that runs like a charm.

I am thankful for my ex husband. I didn’t believe in religion until I married him. He taught me all about “hell”

I am thankful that I am paying $2K for this dental surgery tomorrow. Cause if I wasn’t paying that to save my teeth I wouldn’t have any teeth and would have to gum my food and SO.

“Once”? When did we stop? All of my calendars say Columbus Day.

I am thankful I can enjoy what an absolutely beautiful day it is today. Sun is shining, trees are yellow, and orange and red, air is crisp.

As you can see, some of us still have some discovering to do. :stuck_out_tongue:

I am thankful for:

[ul]

[li] The love I have found with my SO, Cory, who gives me Rescue Remedy, pets me when I am sad, dances to Dar songs with me, promises that we will have babies someday, listens to my tiresome Madonna stories/factoids, and is my Life’s Companion in every way.[/li]
[li] My best friend Ashley, who is gorgeous and sweet and brilliant and adorable and brave. I wouldn’t have survived adolescence without her. [/li]
[li] My job, which is crap, but more than pays the bills.[/li]
[li] A certain black and white gentleman with thumbs on his paws, who always knows when to curl up next to me and purr.[/li]
[li] My family, who really do love me no matter what.[/li]
[/ul]

My buds here (especially the ones whom I have recently met) and on G’Dope (whom I have not met, but grown very fond of).

My friends and family In Rothenburg.

And lastly, I appreciate being able to work in a job where I can help make people feel better, and sometimes even help save a life.

Quasi

1. my family.

2. the boi (see #1).

3. my friends (see #1).

I am thankful for:

My loving family

My wonderful friends

Knowing the difference between “want” and “need”.