What are your favorite Simpsons moments?

The part of that episode that sticks with me is during the road trip, when we see Bart in the back seat chatting with the other boys. Milhouse (I think) exclaims something like, “If you’re back here, who’s driving the car?”

It’s Bart’s response that I’ll forever remember … “Cruise control, my man!” he says, as we see the car careen into a corn field.

Homer is trying to make breakfast for Mr. Burns. (Smithers is away.) Homer tries to fry bacon and it catches fire. He tries to microwave something and it catches fire. He pours cold milk on cold cereal…and it catches fire.

And yet 30 years later, Bart is still in grade 4. :slight_smile:

That’s floating timelines for you :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

“It’s got a moat, a hedge maze, and a bottomless pit!”
“It couldn’t possibly be bottomless.”
“Well, for all practical purposes.”

OK, this whole scene (“Here’s your crown, Your Majesty”) but particularly at the very end of the clip: the goggle-eyed Simpsons reacting to a couple with even worse marital problems than their own:

The Thanksgiving of Horror segment “A-Gobble-ypto.” I was going to describe it, but I think the title will be enough to clue in those who have already seen it. And if you haven’t seen it, like me until recently, you’re probably in for a nice surprise. Hilariously silly and disturbingly weird in equal parts. I mean it. The part where Chief Wiggum chases after them freaks me out!

My favorite moment in this episode comes after Flanders complains that Maude sometimes underlines passages in his Bible instead of hers.

Homer snorts in derision and mumbles “Hmm. Good thing you don’t keep guns in the house!”

From Homie the Clown:

Gangster with rifle: “Should I shoot him gangland style, or execution style?”

Fat Tony: “Listen… to your heart”.

One of my early favorites.

OK, I clearly missed something here. What happened between when Homer turkey rejoices at the deaths of Patty and Selma, and then the settlement is on fire and everyone is panicking? Was it something Homer did?

Chalmers: “Ah- Aurora Borealis!? At this time of year, at this time of day, in this part of the country, localized entirely within your kitchen?”
Skinner: “Yes.” – That whole short is great.

Chalmers: “May I see it?”
Skinner: “No.”

“Seymour, the house is on fire!”

“No, Mother, it’s just the Northern Lights.”

Man, now I’ve got a hankering for some steamed hams.

Nelson (as Goliath): Let the proclamation be heard throughout the land: ha-hah.

You’re right, it’s been edited. You can see the missing bit here:

At the Massachusetts (“Tax-achusetts”) table in Tokyo’s “American Restaurant”:

Homer: I once knew a man from Nantucket.:

Bart: And?

Homer: Let’s just say the stories about him are greatly exaggerated.

I had to follow up on this. The other day we were teaching my toddler to use personal pronouns, and the challenge became apparent straightaway. I said, “You!” He said, “You…?”

“No, not me, you… You have selected you, meaning me. The correct answer is you, meaning you.”

I think the joke eluded him.

Since this thread’s been bumped already…

Whenever I hear Joe Biden say something about moving forward, I expect him to end with twirling towards freedom.

Homer lying on the couch, smoking a cigar, just before he burns down the house: “Everybody’s stupid except me.”