What kind of milk do you drink?

Eh … you can drink something else. I remember somebody swigging OJ because the company was one of his sponsors.

I drink about a gallon every two days. I have, however, cut down to 1%.

Skim isn’t worth spit.

If I’m in a cafeteria with a milk dispenser, I nearly fill my cup with skim and then top it with whole.

Otherwise, I drink 1%.

When I was a little kid, I liked 2%. Whole milk made me feel ill, it’s so fatty. After early childhood, I drank skim because that’s what my mom bought. Then she had to switch to 1% because skim spikes her blood sugar too much. So I got used to 1% again.

What, no way to pick lactose-free AND 1%? :mad::smiley:

None. I hate it. I have a serious taste aversion. Even looking at it skeeves me.

I drink skim for health reasons, but I loves me a nice, tall, cold glass of whole millk.

I like skim milk the best. I can stand 2% if I have to. But whole milk tastes oily and ‘off’ to me.

I buy half-gallons of vanilla soy milk, and make soy lattes on work mornings for my caffeine and vitamin consumption, and the occasional bowl of cereal, or with cookies. That’s as close as I get to “drinking a glass.”

Evenings and days off, when time is more leisurely, I use organic half-n-half in tea or french press coffee.

And I have powdered milk in the cabinet. For some reason I like it best when making hot chocolate! It’s also useful in recipes that call for milk or skim milk of which I have none in the house.

Mostly 2%, though I consider 1% and 2% pretty much interchangeable. The only reason 2% wins out is that the convenience store where I usually buy it only carries 2% and skim. Whole is tastier, but also more expensive, and it’s not like I need the extra calories. Skim milk, I figure I might as well get it out of the faucet.

I prefer whole milk but my boyfriend prefers 1%. I compromise and get 2% even though he rarely, if ever actually drinks it. However, I’m a spaz and I hit the wrong bubble so take off a 1% and add a 2%.

Thank God for this topic. My mom and stepfather look down on me because I don’t drink/like milk. They say that that’s strange, weird behavior, and signs of an unhealthy lifestyle. Every time I go over there I’m subject to dirty looks since everyone (mom, stepdad, brother) is drinking milk and I’m drinking a Sprite. Apparently they think everyone in the world drinks milk except me.
So it’s nice to read that some people here haven’t drank it for awhile.

Ugh, milk. Nasty stuff. I like it in shakes/malts and on my cereal, but not straight. For shakes and cereal, I use 1%.

Half-and-half in coffee, whole milk in tea, from organic cows. Otherwise I don’t drink much dairy.

Whole milk fat is generally around 3.2-3.7%, if I remember right. So, why even bother with the 1 or 2%?

Several decades ago, I switched to 2%, and realized it wasn’t bad at all. Eventually I switched to skim milk. It seemed watery, and not thick enough at first, but tasted okay. But for the first year or so, I used to put it in the freezer, to thicken it up for about five to ten minutes while I prepared my food. It made me think of it as whole milk again.

Nowadays, I don’t bother to thicken it up. I love my skim milk, and got to have it. Unlike, almost 100% of Asians, about 70-80% of Native Americans, and I think about 70% of blacks who are lactose intolerant are allergic to it, this white boy, like most Caucasians love their milk. I don’t think Hispanics fare too well with milk either.

There were days, I used to drink a gallon or more of it. I’ve cut back, substituting more water, but it’s still my favorite drink with food. I don’t like drinking it by itself though.

I grew up on whole but in my early teens my parents switched to 2%. It tasted like white colored water. Now I’m all growed up and I buy 2% for myself.

I have a glass of 2% and ovaltine almost every morning.

I love milk. I’d drink whole milk if it wasn’t so unhealthy. I can’t abide skim but 1% is what we usually get, and is tolerable. Sometimes there is no 1% so we buy some skim and some 2% and mix them.

Is it commonly accepted that whole milk is unhealthy? It’s just milk. There’s not much difference between single percentages.

I believe so. It’s the high saturated fat content that I think most are concerned about. Get enough of that in milk, or red meats, and it tends to clog the arteries of most people. Drink enough whole milk too, and it makes your bad cholesterol levels go sky high.

So I now realize that I’m the idiot that thought 1/2% meant you drank both 1% and 2%, not 0.5%.

So, um, yeah. I haven’t even heard of 1/2% milk before. Or is that the same as half-and-half?

I have some lactose intolerance, so I usually end up paying for milk ingestion; I therefore tend to avoid it. However, if I end up using milk in cereal or something, it’s 1% actual milk. I don’t go through it fast enough to justify buying Silk, and 1% is what everyone else in the house drinks.