What the hell is a loverock?

Okay, I haven’t been around very long (just since the beginning of August). I constantly see references to Loverock. 'splain, Lucy, 'splain.

(I had no fucking idea where to put this thread but since Loverock seems to be a bad connotation (sp?) I put it here.)

trisha

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice - Albert Einstein

There is no loverock.
We are loverock.
Loverock is the Walrus.
Koo koo gajoob.

Cute, sythe.

jazzmine, loverock was a horrible little twerp with terrible spelling, grammar who had the intelligence of a nine year old by.

You are not to mention his name again. It has been stricken from the Book of Dope, and is cursed among all men. His body hangs at the crossroads as a reminder to all who might trod his path.

You have been warned.

And NEVER look in the mirror and say his name three times!

I lower my eyes and humbly beg the forgiveness of the entire SD Board, hoping in my heart of hearts that it will be granted.

Lissa, shall I prostrate myself before you, or will this be enough? :slight_smile:

If there’s gonna be more, don’t ask me to leave the room!

loverock was actually a group of regular posters sharing one bogus account. They used it to make stupid posts with bad spelling and nonexistent grammar. It seems to have been meant as a joke, but it stopped being funny after about the second post.

Before this whole story was found out, I sent a flame or two to the email account listed in “his” profile. I never got a reply, but somebody apparently decided to make me the butt of the joke; shortly after I sent mail, loverock’s profile changed to list my email address.

Because of the way UBB works, I automatically received a new password for loverock in my mail. By the time I realized what happened, the admins had already locked the account for failing to follow policy; I still have the last-ever valid loverock password, but it’s not good for anything but a souvenir.

Of course I don’t fit in; I’m part of a better puzzle.

In Navy OCS bootcamp, [ ]-rock referred to the inability to do the activity named [within the brackets]. “Swimrock” was someone who couldn’t swim to save their life; “Mathrock” someone who couldn’t add without fingercounting, etc… So I suppose…

So was it ever revealed which members were behind the loverock scam?

Veni, Vidi, Visa … I came, I saw, I bought.

Yeah…c’mon guys, you know you want to take public credit for such a funny joke. We wont think anydifferently of you…really

C’mon, you know you want to confess…

Kelli,

Remember when My Quadell was begging you to send your e-mail address to him. He, for one, was in on it. He wanted you to know as well.

Someone else (I can’t find out who–can’t search), confessed to writing a poem to Melin (Queen Victoria back then).

Quadell was one of the loverocks!!!
NOOOoooooo!

What’s next? No Santa Clause?

sob

I got a L&*%rock e-mail too but at that point, wasn’t amused any more.

Okay, you know who you are! Hang your head in shame! Repent, Sinners!

The Loverock is the lowest form of humor…
unless you think of it first.

sigh
I did the poem.

<g> Aw Slythe, that’s okay! I said at the time that the poem didn’t offend me at all. I had just lost patience with “loverock” showing up everywhere with a comment on everything. No 'blem on my part, guy!

-Melin
(who lurks occasionally)

Melin? Is that you? You’re ALIVE?!?

{{{{MELIN!!!}}}}

Veni, Vidi, Visa … I came, I saw, I bought.

I would have brought loverock back from the grave long ago if I knew that Melin would respond.
Of course, I then would have to leave the Board. The state. And probably the country. :).