What's for dinner?

Ginger beef salad: deli roast beef, red cabbage, snow peas, jicama (instead of canned water chestnuts) grated carrots, green onions… something else I forget… in ginger/rice vinegar dressing.

Too hot to turn on the oven, too lazy to fire up the grill tonight!

The Food Coop gets our pork delivered on Wednesday, so I had to do the stew with chicken thighs instead. I’m not crazy about meat and fruit together in the same pot, but the wife loves it.

Little Pianola was allergic to dairy when she was smaller, so I’ve learned to mash potatoes without benefit of butter or milk. I usually saute a sliced onion in a little chicken fat (sometimes I add chopped celery and/or garlic), then add the cut up potatoes and chicken stock to cover. After simmering, I drain off most of the liquid and add it back slowly as I mash (with S & P) until I get the consistency I want. The leftover liquid I save as a soup base.

Last night was a salad of spinach, broccoli, chickpeas, sauteed tofu and oyster mushrooms with a walnut-raspberry yogurt dressing and homemade whole wheat-pumpkin tortellini.

Tonight is black bean and sweet potato burritos (in homemade whole wheat/oat flour tortillas) with tomato-mango salsa and a blueberry fluff made with yogurt cheese.

Tomorrow night will be stuffed peppers made with brown rice, tomatoes, black beans, onions and TVP, topped with soy cheese, and another variation on spinach salad, probably with mandarin oranges.

Friday night is pizza night. Topped with onions, olives, tofu crumbles (faux ground beef) and chopped tomatoes, mm mm good. If I’m feeling energetic I might make a berry buckle for late night TV snacking dessert goodness.

We’re vegetarians on a massive superfoods kick lately, can you tell? :slight_smile:

Bangers and mash, my favorite meal of all time.

Last night, a pork chop sandwich made with an organic pork chop. Followed by yellow squash fresh from the garden and stir fried with onions and potatoes. My favorite summer meal, although when my parrots raced over to join the feast they decided they didn’t like fried squash. (They do love pork chops.)

I should’ve replied last night when I actually made it, but leftover pasta with spinach, red peper, roasted tofu and lots of garlic. Very yummy, but much better the first night because the tofu’s still nice and crunchy. Unfortunately microwaving it makes it go soggy.

Tonight is venison meatloaf (actually a mix of ground venison and beef), garlic mashed potatoes and salad.

Bambi… it’s what’s for dinner.