What's for supper?

Recipe, please? Marjoram?

An old favourite: “Portrait of Yo Yo Ma” in the CBS Masterworks series.

Dungeness crab meat in butter (my husband pulled the crab out of Puget Sound!), romaine lettuce with Italian dressing, and for dessert an ounce of chevre. I’m in ketosis, baby.

You win.

Did you mean assay?

Homemade or frozen?

I love pierogies, but too labor-intensive for me to make from scratch. Various frozen brands are pretty good. I put several frozen ones in a bowl of hot water for about five minutes, then into a pan where onions have been frying in butter for a while. Let 'em get lightly browned and just a bit crispy. Yum.

A Red Lobster visit, my first in a long time: Caesar salad, garlic shrimp and asparagus.

My wife is of Polish ancestry and is on a Polish food kick. She found the recipe on this website. No marjoram, but it does have parsley. Marjoram would have helped, in my opinion, as I find this food to be uniformly bland, but she gets huffy if I suggest adding some herbs or spice. We’ve also had a Polish apple dessert, which was pretty good. Next up is cabbage rolls, apparently, and I think we have some pirogi in the freezer that she bought at a local Polish market. I hope my turn comes soon.

Salisbury steak tonight, with rice and probably zucchini. We just moved to a new house and will be cooking on an electric range for a while, which I haven’t done in ages. It’s okay, but I like gas better.

I brought home a lovely focaccia loaf with rosemary, basil, and black olives from a nice Italian bakery. I am going to whip up some basil pesto and make bruschetta. With that, I plan to have a little pasta in marinara and a green salad.

Half of a chili verde burrito. The taqueria we like makes huge ones, and half a burrito is plenty.

Last night was a light meal of muhammara and pita (all homemade) since we’d both had big lunches. Tonight will be “nasi boks” (rice box) from a local restaurant for about a dozen people - I always order that when my gamelan class meets. Straight-up Indonesian food: probably chicken, some veggies, shredded coconut topping, chili sauce, and one or two other sides containing who knows what. Last week they told me that what I was eating was cow skin. I think I liked it better when I didn’t know that, but it was okay.)

Elendil’s Heir - how was Red Lobster? I have not been to one in decades, but have heard they are pretty awful now. True or false?

Pizza, beer and the world series.

It don’t get any better than this.

Smoked sausage with grainy mustard and sauerkraut.

Left over Chinese. Some chicken with black bean sauce and some Ma Po Tofu.
White wine.

Beisball been berry berry good to me!

Flattened chicken breast, dredged in flour, egg, then Panko mixed with oregano and grated Parmesan, fried in butter/olive oil until crusty and done. Boil up a pot of orzo, drained, then dumped into the frying pan that had the chicken and oils in it. Then put the orzo in a bowl, grate some cheese on it, salt and pepper, and toss. Cut up the chicken in chunks and put on top of the pasta. Something I invented a few years ago.

You’re killin’ me JM.

Last night was homemade Chicken Tikka Masala on basmati rice with cardamom and naan with a nice Portuguese white wine for me and Apothic Inferno red for SWMBO. Dessert was more wine! :slight_smile:
Tonight might be Shepard’s/Cottage pie with a Fainting Bock beer for me and a bottle of Dirty Laundry Dangerous Liaison for her. Dessert will be chocolate lava cakes.

Things must have changed in Portugal. In the two years I lived there I never ran across a “nice” white wine, although the reds were terrific.

Also, I’m really offended that you didn’t invite me for dinner.

I’ve posted about pernil before and that’s what’s on hand for tonight-- and for at least the next two days since these things are BIG. Right now it is marinating the Puerto Rican way. In about 15 minutes I’ll put the oven on at 250 to roast slowly.

Habichuelas guisadas and some white rice (I don’t know how to make yellow rice-- sad, I know) on the side. And to finish off the whole 'Rican dinner, a salad of lettuce, tomatoes, red onions and avocado with vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Can’t hardly wait.

Red pepper chick sausages from COSTCO, fried up with onions, sauerkraut, and peppers, served on Hoagie rolls with provolone cheese and mustard sauce.