What's noteworthy about your day in the MMP?

Just FYI, on this day in 1962, “iconic British rock band the Rolling Stones performed their first show, billed as the Rollin’ Stones, at a club in London.” (copied from here.) And on this day in 1962, I was enjoying summer vacation between 2nd and 3rd grade. This was Easter of that year, so a bit earlier than on this day… :wink:
Imgur
Hat, gloves, ballet foot position - we were probably getting ready to visit the grandparents. I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t have been listening to the Stones - my favorite record was probably from Disney’s Peter Pan.

Happy Moanday!!

First! It’s good to be juvenile!

Good Morning Y’all! Up and caffeinatin’. YAWN ‘Tis Amurrkin out and N.O.S. with a predicted high of 89 and maybe or maybe not rain. Cleanin’ lady comes this mornin’ and I have vestry meetin’ tonight that includes dinner, so OYKW is on his own for sup. We have ice cream and cake, so he’s all set!

The Newlywed Game first appeared on this day. If that ain’t noteworty I don’t kinow what ever could be!

Now I need more caffeine and to feed rumbly tummy. Then I suppose I should purtify before cleanin’ lady arrives.

Happy Moanday Y’all!

On this day in 1794, Admiral Lord Nelson lost his right eye at the siege of Calvi, in Corsica. Also, Gaius Julius Caesar was born on this day in 0100. And, finally, Walter Mondale nominated Geraldine Ferrarro as vice presidential running mate.

I was planning to go to the office today, but I need to see if I can Polar into the vet. He’s limping. I noticed it Saturday night, but thought that maybe he had overdone it chasing a squirrel or something and that it would clear up because it usually does. This time however it hasn’t, and he’s struggling even on the Rimadyl. So, something is up and I need to get it taken care of. Hopefully, the vet can get him in in a reasonable amount of time. It’s getting tougher and tougher to get him seen on a timely basis. If I can’t get him in today, I may head to the office for a bit to take care of property and purchasing issues, but I am not staying the whole damn day.

On this day in 19691, my parents got the heck out of Cape Canaveral2 in order to avoid the crowds for The Launch. They headed up to a rented cabin in Chimney Rock for the week. Nine months later, they were graced by my presence.

It was raining this morning, so no ride. I’ll try later. I’ll probably run, since that keeps me in the neighborhood, and is safer.

Things are getting out of hand in the garden, so I think I’ll be going in there with the pruning shears sometime this week.

I first read “purtify” as putrefy, which completely changed the meaning of the sentence.

1 - Estimated. This was a Saturday, and they likely spent the night in Winston-Salem with my grand-parents.
2 - Holy crap! I spelt that right on the first try!

Afternoon, mumpers! Can’t believe it’s Moanday again already, I’m sure someone stole my weekend :frowning:

Today in 1785 saw the first manned flight by gas balloon in the Netherlands. In 1901, a group of 104 German aristocrats presented a declaration against duelling. And in 1902, the Australian parliament agreed to female suffrage. Something for everyone!

Had a lovely weekend, back at work today and it’s back to the same old crap as last week. I snuck out for half an hour to take Whisper to the vet for his second round of vaccinations, he’s now all sorted out and will just need a booster shot next year.

Other than that, I gots nuttin’.

Nobody ever drowned in their own sweat-USMC
Hold our anvil - UPS
Hot and shorthanded again. But it was a lower volume Moanday, so I got to load the Sumitomo pig, and 3 package cars. I think I shall nap.
On this day in 1804, Alexander Hamilton died, proving sometimes you should turn down a chance to go out and do shots.

: crosses fingers for Polar and Taters :

On this day, I returned to the Dope. Wait…that’s not noteworthy? Fine.

On this day in history in 927 BC, King Aethelstan was the first southern English king to gain control of most of the north of Britain. I hope I got that right - even though Google tries to be idiot proof, it’s hard to contend with someone in such desperate need of sleep and caffeine.

I should’ve taken today off work. The day after returning from vacation is always a little brutal. But, at least I got some deep sleep last night. I had no idea roaches in the south grew almost as large as those in India, but I was proven wrong at the hotel where we stopped in Chattanooga on Saturday night. It was nice sleeping without fear of things crawling into bed with me (other than my husband or children). Hilton Head was delightful - I can’t wait to go back.

Thank you for reminding me of yet another reason I moved out of TX to the Mitten State.

People here find out I’m from Texas, and I immediately get, “Why’d you move here?!?” Swear to og, people are too quick to shit on their own home state. So many people think Texas is the bee’s knees, for whatever reason.

To recap, I moved OUT of Texas for myriad reasons. (Too many memories of my dead husband, mostly. Plus, damn, after 30 years in a place, sometimes ya wanna GTFO.)

But I moved TO Michigan, because I wanted:

• Four actual seasons (not just “hot” and “hotter”)
  • Legalized weed
  • Affordable (… so California was right out!)

When I tick off those reasons, every Michigander who was shitting on their own state suddenly brightens up. “Oh, yeah, we DO have those things!”
Yep, and that’s why I’m here.

Thanks to talky I can add another reason for the doubters.

When I first came up here, I was chatting about differences between here & there with someone who used to live in TX. She said, “Oh, yeah, there aren’t any roaches here!” and all I could coherently think in that moment was, “Why the f$%@ didn’t I come here years ago?!”

No, they drown off the coast of California in amphibious training accidents.

On July 12, 1921, Babe Ruth hit his 137th career home run, becoming Major League Baseball’s all-time leader. Of course, he would go on to hit 577 more, setting a record that would stand for 39 years.

Speaking of baseball, in just over 3 weeks I’ll be hitting the road to meet my old friend for our annual (except last year) Baseball Trip. Having missed a year, I’m especially excited for this year’s trip, and just to be traveling again.

Shoe, I have a friend who moved to Texas two years ago, and the way he talks you’d think he invented Texas. Must be some sort of cult mentality. Glad you escaped. :slightly_smiling_face:

Today I have just had my first cup of coffee. I’m feeling quite proud of myself for typing. Looking things up seems very hard, so perhaps I’ll do that in a bit.

It’s been hot, then very hot, then we momentarily merged with the sun, and now we’re back to very hot. I love AC and am considering borrowing underground in search of something much cooler.

Happy Moanday everyone!

Absolutely nothing interesting happening here today. I’m doing a little drawing for the new project, and tomorrow I’ll be delivering the first piece for the old project.

Wheelz have fun on your Bball trip. Where are you going? I did a trip to Nats park a couple years ago with some friends. Nice place. I want to do a trip to the local minor league teams around here. I’m ashamed to say I’ve been in this area for 20 years and have yet to get to a Doubledays game.

I have an update on my new oven. I cooked a pizza in it over the weekend and it worked like a charm.

Have a great week, all!

In 526AD, St Felix IV (also known as Felix III) begins his reign as Catholic Pope. He lasts until 520AD.

Well, I have been de-cavitied, not at all painful and took only 45 minutes. Doc said I could go right out and eat anything I wanted to, so have consumed my usual Moanday Jersey Mike’s sammich. Out $73 for my share of the bill, not too bad.

Rain is due this afternoon but the clouds are keeping the temperature down.

Wheelie, enjoy the road trip. I’ve got a little 5-day vacation next week booked, hope the weather cooperates.

talky, sorry about the roaches in Chattanooga…hope you complained to the management about it.

Taters, best wishes for Polar.

Wizard, some road trips are pretty beneficial…

OK, onward towards the afternoon. All y’all have a good day today.

Noting noteworthy in my day. Lunch is a roast beef sandwich and BRUSSEL SPROUTS!!11!!! Because swampy loves them.

His reign was in reverse?

I got some stuff for my claying at the thrift store, and with my geezer discount (which they do on Moanday) the total came to $6.66! So I guess I’ll be making the devil’s pottery with this stuff. :rofl:

As soon as I trim my fingernails, I’m going to head down to my studio and start messing around with some of the things I saw on youtube yesterday. I think I’m inspired again!

Some of those Popes were scary weird.

530AD. Oops.

The fun just never ends around here. Today I need to pull a large chunk of money out of my IRA to send to the IRS. Considering the level of ‘service’ we got from our gummint last year, they should be paying us. :roll_eyes:
Also, I need to go visit my gut doctor’s office and try to convince them, again, that I do not have a policy with United of Omaha, and haven’t for over 3 years now, and they should stop trying to bill them and bill my actual insurance company. United of Omaha keeps sending me letters saying, in effect: “We ain’t paying this!”

What’s notable about today? I dunno.

Have a good one, anyway

*sigh*

Sis drives me nuts sometimes. She bought a new dishwasher and mistakenly used her debit card instead of her credit card. So all of her bills are going to bounce, and there’s a $49 charge for each bounce. She needs $585. She was crying and calling herself stupid.

I transferred money from our rental property’s account – and transferred the same amount to me. I reminded her – again – that we need to build up the house account in case we need a new roof or need to paint the house. There’s not enough to do either of those.

She’s very irresponsible with money, and she knows it. I withhold part of her share of the rent so that I can use it to pay her own house’s property taxes at the end of the year. If I didn’t, she’d spend it and when tax time came she’d be calling me crying and saying she can’t pay the taxes and she’s going to lose her house.

I’d really like to sell the house. The sooner we sell it, the lower the total claimed depreciation and the lower the capital gains tax. It would simplify my income taxes so I could do them myself instead of going to my tax guy, and I’d no longer have to pay California taxes. I could afford to put a new roof on our house. My sister (or her husband) would undoubtedly blow through their share in a couple/few years and then they’d have nothing. But I’m getting bloody tired of being my sister’s financial manager.

Where’d he move to? (Depending on which area, I may know the 'hood better than he does.)

Does he have the bumper sticker yet? The one that says, you know: “I wasn’t born in TEXAS but I got here as fast as I could!”

If not, you got an easy birthday gift.

If so, get 'im another! They come in a zillion varieties.