What's the best yogurt flavor?

I’ve been seeing all of these ads on TV that are trumpeting the latest news in the dieting world about how people who get the RDA of calcium lose more weight than people that don’t, yadda yadda yadda. So, being the (fat little) lemming that I am, I decided to make an attempt to get more calcium in my diet. I decided that since I already have milk with breakfast (1%, because I can’t stand skim) and cheese with lunch, I’d pick up some yogurt for my afternoon snack.

I was trying to explain to some friends of mine that lemon yogurt is the best yogurt flavor that there is. I’ve long been of the opinion that taking an acidic food like yogurt and then trying to drown the acidity, attempting to cover it up with uber-sweet flavors like banana, peach or strawberry simply doesn’t work. You need to EMBRACE the acidity!! Revel in it!! Touch the yogurt, LOVE IT!!

[sub]:: pantpant ::[/sub]

Where was I? Ah, yes. Lemon yogurt.

Up until a few days ago, it was my not so humble opinion that lemon yogurt was the pinnacle of all yogurty flavors. That was until I discovered that Crowley makes a key lime variety. It’s perfectly delightful in every way, except that Crowley apparently thinks that because it says “Lime” on the container, they needed to dye it a pale shade of radioactive green. But this does not deter me. I think key lime has edged out lemon as The Best Yogurt Flavor, although lemon will always be near and dear to my heart.

So, who’s with me? What’s your favorite yogurt flavor?

Foo. I’m a retard, I meant to post this in IMHO. Mods, feel free to move this and I humbly apologize for creating work for you.

[sub]::looking penitent::[/sub]

Yoplait’s White Chocolate Raspberry is to die for. It’s tart and not too sweet and just perfect. It’s the closest thing I can find in a store to approximate my mom’s homemade plain yogurt with homemade raspberry jam stirred in, something I used to get regularly when I lived at home. Yum, yum, yum!

I love lemon yogurt, too. But I recently discovered Breyer’s Creme Savers yogurt (like the Lifesavers candy), and my favorite is the orange creme. It’s almost like dessert. :slight_smile:

I used to love the Snackwells chocolate yogurts, especially the chocolate raspberry and the chocolate cherry, but they don’t make them anymore, unfortunately.

Yoplait makes some damn good ones. If you like lemon, try Key Lime Pie.

Oooooooooooooh.

Astro’s Key Lime Pie is just about enough to bring on an orgasim, right there in the cafeteria.

I give it two thumbs up! :slight_smile:

Dannon fruit-on-the-bottom Strawberry-Banana.

Sorry. It’s Vanilla!!!

I agree with the OP. Lemon used to be my favorite, but lime has won me over (when I can find it!) I like orange, too. Guess I’m a citrus fan. I also like strawberry. Strawberry anything is good.

My Iranian friend can’t quite understand the American preference for such sweet, fruit-flavored yogurt.

Yoplait Custard Style Lemon Supreme.

'nuff said

Enjoy,
Steven
[sub]who desperately wishes his children didn’t eat every stinking cup of it as soon as he gets home from the store. Dead serious, I can buy half a dozen and not get to eat a single one unless I don’t let it leave my hand after taking it out of the sack.[/sub]

Key Lime Pie. Most definitely!

Runner up: Pina Colada

You are not an official connoisseur of yogurt until you have tasted the elusive strawberry-rhubarb variety. Sooooooooo very good. Hard to find, though.

Why, IMHO yogurt, of course!

See, this is where the vegetable bin comes in handy. Put yogurt, chocolate, and anything else you don’t want the kids to have in the bottom, cover with broccoli and green beans and there you go. :slight_smile:

Yoplait’s **Orange Creme ** is my particular favorite, although I have yet to have an orgasm while eating it.

I wish the really good flavored ones came in larger sizes.

Yoplait is the only true yogurt. Key Lime Pie and Pina Colada are my favorites. I’ve never tried Orange Crème or Lemon Supreme but I’d sure like to :smiley:

I only eat lemon yogurt (well, sometimes vanilla). I have a thing about the texture of my foods, and the texture of fruits (mainly berries) in yogurt make me feel all oogy.

Lime is good, too. And if the yogurt is fully blended (no fruit parts to be found), I’m willing to try other flavors.

My favorite yogurt is black cherry, with lemon a very close second.

Hmm, I might have to try out lemon or lime, I have thought about it before, but it’s hard to give up my favorite flavor:

Anderson/Ericson Strawberry Cheescake!!

God I love that stuff!!

I’ve also tried Orange Cream before and really liked it, tasted just like orange shrebert…mmmm

Mine’s blueberry, but I’ll take pina colada or stawberry-banana if you’ve got it.