[QUOTE=Rasa]
Have you, I dunno… asked her out? Made your intentions plain?
[/QUOTE]
No, we hang out randomly because she’s engaged, and she knows I’m interested. We also do business on occasion.
[QUOTE=r4nd0mNumb3rs]
What makes you so sure that her ethnicity has anything to do with all this?
[/QUOTE]
It’s just a vibe, I dunno. I’ve gotten it before but never from a woman I wanted quite this badly. It’s truly bumming me out.
[QUOTE=OneCentStamp]
To the OP: in my (admittedly limited) experience with Iranian families, they’ve struck me as being incredibly insular and just a tad racist. All the older (my parents’ age) Persians I’ve known have loudly despised Arabs, for example - maybe just because they’re tired of being confused for them. Shila, my female Persian friend in high school, wasn’t overtly racist, or didn’t think of herself as such, but would never have considered marrying a non-Persian. Her family would have flipped.
Any chance that some of that is going on?
[/QUOTE]
Totally. She says she’d never date an Arab and her fiance is, properly speaking, Syrian rather than Persian. Apparently her mother doesn’t approve of him on that basis alone.
[QUOTE=Waverly]
Why would you think there is a secret unique to an ethnicity based on your anecdotal, and limitted, experience with a sample size of one? Unless she is a rug or a cat, by the way, Persian is an unusual way to describe her unless
[/QUOTE]
On preview, nevermind.
[QUOTE=Quartz]
Persians/Iranians are notorious for not marrying outside their ethnicity. Fool around, sure. But marry, no way, unless they’re prepared to cut off all ties with their families.
[/QUOTE]
I know, everyone keeps saying this! But I know Persian guys who hunt blondes for marriage like crazy, and I’m just trying to pull some sort of gender exchange program here. Do the guys that score blondes get thrown off the island or something?
[QUOTE=Quartz]
Is she a Zoroastran? I believe they only marry inside their religion.
[/QUOTE]
No idea, but I hadn’t really thought about that angle. I guess there’s a chance she could be, it has never come up but I suppose I should check. I’ll drop Freddie Mercury’s name next time we grab a coffee.
[QUOTE=anu-la1979]
She doesn’t consider you marriage material but she enjoys the attention. Don’t hang around-she’s waiting for a rich persian guy who will marry her.
[/QUOTE]
That’s the sound of my withered heart breaking. Maybe I can ramp up the bling? Buy more stuff with logos? Is there anyway to compensate for being wonderbread? 
[QUOTE=Sunspace]
Maybe the attitude embodied in the ‘liberate that ass’ phrasing is part of the roadblock for the OP.
[/QUOTE]
Ok, yeah, I think it’s safe to say the OP doesn’t actually say things like that to actual real live girls. And in truth, I’ve known her long enough and am comfortable enough with her that if I did say it, she’d think it was funny in an inept playa kind of way. So for purposes of this discussion, let’s assume I’ve passed Talking to Girls 101.