What's Your Favorite Alcoholic Drink?

Dry white wine.

Followed closely by red wine, port and single malt.

And when in China, Dragon Phoenix (Long Feng)!:smiley:

Tanq and Tonic. Just can’t have too many in one night!

[Homer]

Beer! beer! beer!

[/Homer]

If I’m at home or at a friend’s house, it’s mainstream beer (anything except dark beer or VB ). If I’m at a pub/club I switch to a classier brew. Something imported (Becks, Stella, (or Cascade - :wink: to the Aussies) if that’s all I can get, but preferably, a local microbrew. My favourite styles are pilsners and pales.

Toasted Almond, or Kahlua & cream. But I have them so rarely, I can’t even remember the last time.

Margarita when it’s warm, Irish Coffee when it’s cold, or a good microbrew with food.

Diet Coke, Bacardi & lime
or
Orange juice, jug wine & Sprite

Most definetly a long chilled glass of white wine or a nice Cabernaut sauvignon (sorry about the spelling) nice red.

My usually tipple is lots and lots of Guinness.

My fav. drink of all time is a Thai rice whiskey called Sang Thip. Gorgeous with Sprite and ice and very very cheap in Thailand. Has a lot of additives in it which act like Red Bull so it keeps you going like the duracell bunny :slight_smile:

Fullers London Pride, Cask conditioned and from a proper cellar.

Grapefruit Schnaps over ice with Lemonade and a slice of Lime

Or - Vodka in which a sprig of the Buchu Bush has been soaking mixed with iced springwater and a twist of lime… only had it once and it was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay cool…

Gp

Kahlua (or kemora) on the rocks.

Dirty Vodka Martini. mmmm…salty

Bailey’s & Coffee
Bourbon & Coke
Margarita (strictly on the rocks)
Bloody Mary

Someone once told me that I like “old man” drinks. I don’t think that’s true, because I certainly don’t particularly like Manhattans or Martinis… and when’s the last time YOU saw an old geezer drinking a Margarita?

Chardonnay - Preferably Kendall Jackson

If I’m looking to get squiffed, I’ll stick with nice icy cold shots of vodka. My vodkas of choice are Stolichnaya or Wybarova (sp?), a Polish potato vodka that’s fantastic IMO. Haven’t seen it around these parts lately, though. If I’m not in a vodka-drinking mood, my choice is bourbon on the rocks. When I’m out socializing, I’ll usually stick to Seven and Sevens or vodka and tonic if I’m drinking that night.

If I’m looking to get squiffed, I’ll stick with nice icy cold shots of vodka. My vodkas of choice are Stolichnaya or Wybarova (sp?), a Polish potato vodka that’s fantastic IMO. Haven’t seen it around these parts lately, though. If I’m not in a vodka-drinking mood, my choice is bourbon on the rocks. When I’m out socializing, I’ll usually stick to Seven and Sevens or vodka and tonic if I’m drinking that night.

You know, the more I think about it I should have said that my favourite drink is a REAL bloody mary… i.e. one not made from a mix, with tabasco and celery.

They’re almost impossible to find. Surprisingly though, Red Lobster makes a pretty good one.

OK, I’ve got to ask - what inspired you to combine Pepsi and Peach Schnapps? Because it sounds, well, vile. :eek:

Sheri

Amen to that, and ditto on the Margaritas!

Ever had a Mary made with Absolut Peppar? 'Twas recommended to me by a bartender once, and… it was OK, though I prefer the Original Version.

I once went to a brunch place where you could “build your own” Bloody Mary (the bartender did the work and controlled the liquor content, but you got to choose from an assortment of ingredients and garnishes)… Turns out I don’t make such a good one. :frowning:

Depends where I am. If it’s a place that makes it well, then sangria (but only if it’s the real thing, otherwise I don’t bother). Otherwise, in order of preference, red wine (but again, only if it’s a place where they have something that doesn’t taste like tree bark).

If it’s a regular-type bar, I usually begin to wish I liked beer, but I don’t. I’ve tried a bunch of kinds, and I hate them all. Then, depending on the mood, I might order something rum-based (rum & Coke if I’m trying to stay awake, or a Daiquiri or rum with something fruity if I don’t want caffeine), or maybe something girly like Kahlua & cream.