What's your favorite snack cake (US)?

Oh my, yes. There are butterscotch crimpets in the vending machine at work, and they call to me. I try to avoid sugar, and I haven’t eaten those things in years, but if I close my eyes, I can still taste them…

My dad used to drive a truck for Nickle’s Bakery. Sometimes we’d get to meet him at work and rummage through the stale store. Sometimes…SOMETIMES…he brought the truck home!!

Banana flips were our family’s favorites. And also “Donut Fair” donuts.

I grew up to be super fat. Imagine how I’d have turned out if he worked at Nickle’s for more than a few years?!

Anyway, Banana Flips are still part of their product line. But their distribution is a crapshoot. I think I’ve seen their wares are Marc’s (but you know how wishy washy Marc’s can be.) Here’s a list of bakeries and thrift stores, tho. Now you have me hankerin’ so I might make an excuse to go find some soon…

I like cake, but I either detest, or have never been tempted to try, all of those.

The one U.S. mass produced snack cake thing I did like, quite a lot, was something called Chocolicious (possibly with some hyphens in there), a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. It used to be quite widely available when I was first in the USA in the early 1990s, but seemed to quite rapidly get discontinued. They must have heard that I liked it. (It is not the only product that seems to have been discontinued shortly after I started buying it regularly.)

Don’t the packages of little chocolate donuts count? Little Debbie’s version is far superior to the Hostess one, at less than half the price. Remember also that these are produced regionally, so the Chicago area Little Debbie snacks may be vastly better than the Boston area ones. Or may be the exact same product, made in the same bakery but put into different packages to hit different price points.

Chocobliss. Followed by a Chocodile.

This, like all right thinking people.

I voted chocolate creme-filled cupcakes because that’s what I was in the mood for right when I hit the button, but when I’m back in TastyKake country I’m just as likely to go for a Junior of one type or another, or a pie.

mmmMMMmmm, TastyKake Lemon Pie… say, is it too late to change my vote?

Used to be Hostess Twinkies or Honey Buns, but I moved to Belfast, Maine and discovered various-flavored Whoopie Pies :smiley:

Chocolate are still the best, though.

Little Debbie Zebra Cakes, with nutty bars a close second.

I voted for Ding Dongs, though I personally prefer Little Debbie’s Pumpkin Delights for the 5-6 weeks they’re available every October.

I voted “other” because my favorite is the Tastykake Peanut Butter Kandy Kake.

I like Ho-hos/Swiss Cake Rolls.

AKA Fat Roll-ups.

Moon Pies.

what a time to be alive!

Me too. Probably a lot like me. I loves me some twinkies, so I don’t eat them any more. If left to my own devices I could easily destroy an entire box of them in one sitting. Shameless lack of willpower where they’re concerned. Is there such a thing as a Twinkie addict reform program?

Oh man, I forgot about those - so delicious!

Edit: Oops - that would be the Nutty Bars from Little Debbie

Zingers, followed by the orange Hostess cupcakes.

Moon Pies are only acceptable if you have an RC to go with them.

Nutty Bars are damned delicious, but they are not cake.

Little Debbie Fudge Rounds, in a pinch, for a chocolate fix. The oatmeal creme are good, too. (I’ve seen an actual ‘cake’ cake built with these, layered with frosting or marshmallow fluff.) The pecan rolls and apple crumb cakes are swell! I don’t care for swiss rolls, ding dongs, zingers, anything chocolate-cake, it tastes too sweet/fake.

The Tastykakes specials are an exception! I had some made with pineapple and coconut once, the words on the box were all in Spanish, so I think they were made for the Latino consumers.

The very best? Little Debbie Pumpkin Delights, available, sadly, only one month a year.
:(:(:frowning: Just as well, because I could eat the whole box in one sitting. I’ve gone so far as to research copy-kat recipes. It shouldn’t be too hard, it’s a soft molasses cookie and I’ve seen pumpkin butter at the grocery, but how to make the cute ‘pumpkin face’ on each one…

Where is the love for Honey Buns? 5 seconds in the microwave turns those things into tangible euphoria!