Where's the 5/9/02 Survivor thread?

Hell, they were total strangers compared to the Colby & Mom lovefest from a couple of seasons back.

Actually, they were so over the top with it, I actually began to think that maybe this time it was true. Maybe they realized that everyone knows they never vote off the one who is portrayed as the target, so maybe this time…but no.

I noticed that too. I thought maybe she’d been stung or something.

Pretty unexciting episode, which is unfortunately typical for Survivor. The great irony about this reality show is that it’s, well, all too real; just when it’s reaching what should be its most exciting moments, the contestants are just too tired and hungry and smelly to provide much excitement. Even the immunity challenge’s “tight” battle between Neleh and Vecepia was pretty much meaningless.

Not being privy to what’s actually going on in the heads of the remaining five, I can’t tell what’s going to happen. Indeed, the upcoming vote may be the most unpredictable ever. It’s a pretty safe bet, however, that Neleh isn’t going anywhere. Kathy is in pretty good shape for the next vote, but I wouldn’t be sleeping easy if I were her.

Never forget that it’s a matter of luck as much as it is of skill (if anything, probably a lot more), so we’d best not be getting too fancy with the prognostications.