Over the course of the past few years, a pattern has generally emerged: Democrats generally consider Russia to be the main ‘villain adversary’ nation (since Russia helped out Trump in 2016), Republicans generally consider China to be the main villain adversary nation.
There are, of course, plenty of reds and blues who cross the aisle on this, plenty of people who consider both to be equal adversaries, some who don’t consider either to be an adversary at all, and some who might not even ascribe to the concept of adversary or think some other nation (like North Korea) is more of an issue.
But…this is just a thread for polling. Which would you consider to be a bigger problem facing the U.S.? (I realize that many Dopers aren’t Americans, too, so you can either vote as if you are an American, or check the box for “I am not American and therefore not voting.”)
- I am Democratic, and I consider Russia to be the main adversary
- I am Democratic, and I consider China to be the main adversary
- I am Republican, and I consider Russia to be the main adversary
- I am Republican, and I consider China to be the main adversary
- I don’t consider either Russia or China to be the main adversary nation
- I am non-American and therefore none of this applies
- Any other answer (not expressed here)