Who are our current "Abe Vigodas"? (people you might be surprised to learn are still alive)

Okay, maybe I’d heard that in the news and misremembered it then, that makes sense. I’m glad to hear he’s in good hands.

I was mildly stunned to see an op-ed in today’s Wall St. Journal by…Bob Dole.

Both Mrs. J. and I thought he’d been dead for years.

He was the lone former presidential candidate who voted for Trump(twice actually). Neither Bush, Bush Jr., John McCain, nor Mitt Romney did, but Dole did it out of obligation to the Republican party.

I’m sorry but the title of this thread bothers me. Shouldn’t it be ‘Abes Vigoda’?

I’m pretty sure it’s “Abe Vigodae.”

Seems that males dominate this thread, so I’ll toss out a female. Barbara Rush is still with us at 94.

Angela Landsbury is even a little older than Barbara Rush, and most of the roles I have seen her in she seemed middle age or older. Most.

Surprised Robert Duvall hasn’t been mentioned; 20 years ago he was the “old guy in every movie ever” amongst my group of friends (144 movies under his belt!).

Check her out as the young princess in “The Court Jester”

She was even hotter as the maid in Gaslight (1944):

I’ll one-up you on that -

In order for the 93-year-old actor to play the Chairman of the Board, they had to an old-age makeup on him - he didn’t look old enough!

And, yes, he did all his own dancing,

I may as well nominate Rich Little, who seemed to be everywhere in the 1980s, only to apparently drop off the face of the earth. But hey, look, he was just profiled by CBS News two weeks ago, in what he claims is his first appearance on network television in 30 years. And not only that, he’s still working at 82, doing live shows in Las Vegas.

South African human rights activist Bishop Desmond Tutu is still alive at age of the 89.

If you asked him, I’m sure Little could imitate Vigoda, too. :slight_smile:

I remember when he met with the French defense minister back in the '90s. The media called it the Tutu and Leotard Conference.

:confounded:

I thought Nelson Mandela was the one who was still alive :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

Mandela would be turning 103 in July. He has been gone a while. Tutu is a mere pup in comparison, not even 90 yet.

He had that effect on people. :wink:

I was actually debating whether or not I should have mentioned Nelson Mandela and Mandela Effect when I made my post but I didn’t want to be accused of derailing the thread to an off topic discussion.

I just found out Erich von Däniken–who wrote the book Chariots of the Gods-first published in 1968-- is still alive at 86.

(For those of who don’t know the book claims that the technologies and religions of many ancient civilizations were created given by ancient astronauts (i.e. extraterrestrials) who were thought to be gods.) Von Däniken is one of the originators of the idea.