Who finds Sarah Silverman Funny?

The first I saw of her was on The Aristocrats, and like Indistinguishable, I found it to be one of the few funny bits of the movie. Everyone was trying to be shocking, but it was mostly just gross. She managed to actually shock me in a deadpan manner that gave me the same sort of cringing giggles that I got from the best of the UK Office.

I caught an episode of her show once, and I really wanted to like it after what I’d seen on Aristocrats, but I wasn’t really able to.

Daniel

She was really funny on Monk.

The only thing I liked her in was School of Rock where she played a shrewing bitch of a girlfriend.

I don’t think she was acting.

I think she is hysterical. There is something about her delivery that makes it seem like the joke is on her when she says even the most outrageous material. I’d hit her too.

She’s great in small doses, but she gets tiresome if you watch too much of her all at once.

She cracked me the hell up when I first heard her “shock” routine on Conan O’Brien’s show almost 10 years ago. It helps when she has someone like Conan to play off.

(I’ll be as much of a troll as the OP and exclaim “how can you NOT find that appearance funny?!” You mean senses of humor vary?)

The couple episodes of the Sarah Silverman show I caught were a riot too. Here’s a clip from the AIDS test episode. The Abortion episode was pretty funny too.

And finally, for those who think she’s not hot, I submit this scene from I Want Someone to Eat Cheese With.

Yeah, all in all, I’m a fan. THE fan?

Ha, and if she were a semi-attractive famous guy we could say ‘If he wasn’t famous he’d be run of the mill ugly!’

Most of the time I find her pretty damn funny. I’ve seen her ‘off,’ too and she’s really socially awkward and OCD.

Ok, I guess I was a bit mean in the original post, and some of those links ARE funny.
The thing is, I made this thread last night while watching “Comic’s Unleashed” on Comedy Central. Her whole routine was just picking on this one super-nerdy 37 year old guy in the audience.
It’s like she went onstage that night beforehand and said to herself "I’m gonna find me a nerdy older guy (How hard is that at a comedy club?) and just rip him a new one for 5 minutes straight. I felt so bad for the dude, he paid good $$ to come and see a show and it’s like she came out looking to pick out a random audience member and proceed to neuter him. He didn’t do anything to deserve the beating he took from her.
After watching some of the links, I’ve bumped her up from having one good skit to her being 15% funny, 85% mean spirited bitch.

I liked her that one time she was on Star Trek.

I came in to post this. She’s Monk’s No. 1 Fan and has been in a couple of episodes. Otherwise, those are the only times I can tolerate her. She’s semi-attrractive. I wouldn’t kick her out of my bed for eating crackers. But I don’t find her funny.

I find her funny and she pushes the material as far as she can get away with. I like that. Every body is fair game.

Funny 80% of the time, but with a low quotient of repeatability.

She bombed at an Amnesty concert in England.

I also laughed at her comment during the Hugh Hefner roast (IIRC): “I just met (Hef) backstage. He was pleased to meet me, until he learned I wasn’t a hooker”.

It blurs the distinction between brag and self-deprecation. (I’m beautiful, but could pass for a hooker. He’s a whore-monger, but has his way with women. Etc.)

Why do you say she bombed? People were definitely laughing throughout that set.

I loved Jesus is Magic. Her TV show didn’t do it for me, mostly because I didn’t care for the other characters. Overall, I think she’s funny.

FWIW, I find her bit totally hysterical. Sure, she’s like a sawzall going at your nuts, but she gets your nervous laughter going, that’s for sure. As far as I’m concerned, she’s fantastic.

Now that is funny. Up until now the only thing I found funny from her was the Matt Damon thing. Now two things.

Funny, smart and hot. Well, funny half the time.

There was some nervous laughter. But this was the latest in a series of successful Amnesty concerts and the audience were roaring at the other acts.

Jimmy Fallon

David Armand + special guest

I think she’s hysterically funny.