Who wants my junk?

I’m changing jobs, and tomorrow is my last day at my office. I’m cleaning things out, and I have a box full of stuff that I will gladly send to the first doper who requests it!

It’s not all junk. :slight_smile:

Feel like living dangerously?

Sure, just as long as your junk does not include discarded food or anything that sheds fur I am game.

E-mail me for my address.

Osip
the brave or stupid.

It’s yours!

E-mail on the way.

hmm. What is in this box wouldn’t be why you are “changing jobs,” would it?

:slight_smile:

I’m too cautious. If you don’t get any takers, I suggest Craig’s List . Their members are a lot less particular.

Yippie someone elses crap for christmas!

now that I am doomed… might I ask what kind of job you are leaving?

I’ve been working as a secretary (title, but doesn’t really describe my job) at the University of Texas at Arlington for the last 4 years. I have been a full-time student as well for much of the time, which means I practically lived in my office. I’m kind of a packrat, so I’ve got lots of this, that, and the other.

It’s not that it’s junk, per se–well, yeah, I guess it is–but it’s usable junk. It’s just that I have a house full of usable junk, and I don’t want to take another box of it home!!!

There’s nothing scary (I don’t think). There is a Christmas gift or two from a cow-orker whom I am most glad to be leaving behind. And some stuff.

I don’t want to tell you what’s in it, because that would ruin the surprise.

If you want, I can only send you half of the junk, and could send the other half to another intrepid Doper. Your call. :slight_smile:

The reason I’m leaving my job, btw, is not because I’m a packrat, but because I finally graduated college and I don’t have to be a secretary any more, dammit! I’m going to be an investigator at Child Protective Services until I become a best-selling Pulitzer-prize-winning novelist/playwright. Or, you know, go back for my M.A. & Ph.D. and try to become a college professor.

no no all the juck will be fine.

I had a breif worry thinking you might have been a Janitor at an adult theater or something.

Whew…

For what it’s worth, you may want to be careful with your thread titles. I have a feeling it’s a pretty local colloquialism, but 'round here, “junk” is another name for…errr…weiner. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the caution. I’d hate to be accused of false advertising, 'cause, y’know, I don’t actually have any, um, er, “junk.” :wink:

She’s got good junk, y’all, trust me.
Congratulations on your new job, N. One way or another, I’m sure you’ll make a difference.

And by junk, I mean misc crap.

Or stuff.

But, it’s good crap!

Seven hundred years of language evolution and this is the best we can do?

Osip, I delivered the box to the post office today. It’s kinda heavy. I shipped it via slow boat to China, so I don’t know when it’ll get there. OTOH, Alabama’s not too far from Texas . . .

Let me know when you receive it!

I’d love to see pictures of the stuff when it arrives. Only the good stuff. The crappy stuff can remain anonymous.

Language Evolution!
Nonsense!

All the words we speak are directly from Og!
Like, foshizzle, gnarly and as if.

/Follow The Gourd!

I shall let you know when it arrives.
I shall also try and remember to take pictures as well.

as I am a pack rat as well, might have to go thru some of my “clutter” and fill a box and maybe then offer it randomly offer it up…

start a tradition here… “The Straight Dope Samford and Sons exchange”
Now all we need is a poster we can call Lamar the big dummy!

ok, enough sillyness, off on a quest for coffee.

We did have a White Elephant Exchange this year … maybe you can start another one in January!

I want to see one of your face when N. Sane’s junk hoves majestically into view…

:smack:

…and you wonder what you’re going to do with a sailing vessel.

Man, I wish I’d been the first to post. I’d love to receive someone else’s useless good crap stuff junk.

~50,000 years or more, and yes, it is.

Do you still have the other half of the junk? I’ll gladly take it if you email me for my address.

If we are going to start a tradition, would anyone like a box of my junk?
BTW:
Regarding “junk” as a euphamism, I have heard the same meaning for other innocuous words, such as “stuff”, “shit”, “gear”, etc.

So offering someone your stuff could simarily be misconstrued. :smiley: