Who's an SEC Doper?

In response to the DC Area roll call, how about identifying yourself if you’re from one of these states:

Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana,
Mississippi, Missouri, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas

SEC Spirit doesn’t count unless you’re actually living here! :smiley:

You don’t even have to say which state, if you’d rather keep that a secret. :rolleyes:

I’m a Vol fan, went to school in Big Orange Country. Where I used to live, I’d have to root for an Aggie to root for the home team, so I moved. Today, if I want to root for the home team, however, I am rooting for the Bulldogs.

I do hope you know that doesn’t really narrow it down much!

See List of bulldog mascots - Wikipedia

Well, I am in the SEC, and all the schools I referenced are SEC schools. That narrows the list, a bit, but I guess it could be a bit ambiguous. It could be worse. My wife is a Tiger fan (yep, SEC as well).

Interesting list. It seems that North Carolina A&T are known as Aggies and have a bulldog as a mascot.

Cool! There are some extra-neat mascots in some of the other conferences. My favorite of those is the Quahog. Also, that tree thing is kinda neat.

Being from Texas probably doesn’t make one a SEC Doper; it’s more likely to make you a Big-12 Doper, since as far as major colleges go, there are 4 Big-12 schools (UT, Texas Tech, Baylor, TCU), and one SEC school (Texas A&M).

That said, I AM a SEC Doper, as I’m from Texas, and went to Texas A&M.

SEC! SEC! Great team, as well!

I lived in Muscle Shoals, AL for about 10 years. But I grew up and spent a LOT of my life in Buckeye country in OH. And I don’t watch or follow much of any sport at all. But I’ve learned sometimes you have to make the sounds, at least, just to be sociable.

Muscle Shoals is deep in University of Alabama territory but when I moved there, my nephew’s fiance/wife was working on her Ph.D at Auburn. Now, I’ve learned about college sports rivalries in Columbus (OSU vs that state up north with the Weasels) and one has to tread lightly. But I found folks down there were pretty understanding when I told them I grew up in OH, so my favorite teams are OSU and whatever team is playing AGAINST the m-word. And since my niece is going to Auburn, I guess I have to like them too. I think because the SEC doesn’t play the Big 10 all that often, there wasn’t a big thing.

Still here. Formerly of Alabama, now living in Georgia. Forever Roll Tide.

I’m in Huntsville, AL. I’m not much of a football fan, but my son is a freshman at the University of Alabama, and he just had a great first season marching in the Million Dollar Band.

Roll Tide Roll!

Not from Alabama. Don’t live in Alabama. My wife is from Alabama. RTR! is universal wherever you live.

Next door in Arkansas.

Also an SEC Doper, by residence and education. Gooooooo Dawgs! Sic 'em! Woof woof woof!

Tiger fan, eh? I see what you did there. By the way, the proper way to avoid ambiguity is to refer to the Bulldogs (Athens) and the other, lesser Bulldogs (Starkville).

Well, I can get behind this thread since I live in SEC country (Alabama), and most SEC fans are dopes, IMHO…:cool::p:D

Actually, like Ranger Jeff I was born and raised in Ohio, so OSU (and to a smaller extent, my alma mater, Kent State) are whom I follow…(and I don’t give a damn for the whole state of Michigan to this day).

Hey neighbor!

I take objection, as it is an inalienable truth that the Gator Nation is global.

-Johnny Bravo, 3rd generation alumnus

This is true, the word global can be applied to Gator Nation. Just as it can to terrorism, poverty, and pandemic.

:smiley:

Razorback here.

Well that is damned embarrassing. :dubious:

I grew up in North Alabama but I’ve lived in Tuscaloosa for over 25 years. Roll Tide!

I’m an East TN native, and got my master’s at TN. My blood runs Vol Orange. I live in Atlanta, and if I was willing to root for the local SEC team, it’d be UGA. I’m not willing to do so, though I would root for them over Florida or Alabama (and I’ll root for any SEC team over Ohio State.)

:slight_smile: