Who's up for an Orlando Dope Fest?

What about Thai Place? Is it any good?

What’s Bosphorous? Turkish?

Yes, Turkish. I don’t know Winter Park restaurants all that well….Auto, what else would you suggest?

Given the lukewarm response so far, is there any chance we can bump this back a couple of weeks? Pretty please?

Lukewarm? I’m hot for Orlandopefest! :smiley:

I’ve actually got the weekend off. My husband is gigging without me. So I’d be up for this Saturday but could also push it back a couple of weeks.

There’s this cool pizza joint on Church Street downtown in the building that used to be the Cheyenne Saloon (It may still be called that, I don’t know) called the Brick and Fire Pizza I’ve been there several times and the pizza is excellent. There’s a new parking garage at the end of Church street and the restaurant will validate so free parking!

Or, if we’re up for a travel slightly north of town there’s a cool place near where I live called Liam Fitzpatricks. Irish pub, full bar, great food. Not too spendy. but it’s in Lake Mary which is a bit north of Orlando and would be a hike for Ivylass and those on the South end of town.

or like Autolycus said, there are any number of places in good old Winter Park. Heck, we could bar hop. I know a beer joint on New England that has over 200 beers on tap. No food though. My new favorite in Winter Park is Hannibals Lounge which is also on New England but I think it might be a bit pricey and not as laid back as we’d probably like.

I thought Orlando(ish) was somewhere up in the north end of town- Apopka?

Didn’t even see the thread the first time around! Holy carp, and other trout.

I’m in, if it’s still on - this Saturday is my birthday, and I’d otherwise be at home knitting or something. :smiley:

I’m with ivylass on there being food available at some point; I don’t drink, either. I can play DD for up to one person (my car is tiny) if needs be, though, so that option’s open.

The pizza joint that velvetjones recommended looks pretty awesome, but I don’t know one end of Orlando from the other, as I’m going to be trekking over from Tampa Bay. So, what’s the plan, folks? :slight_smile:

South Lake county, actually…near Clermont, so further west of Apopka.

This weekend or a couple of weekends from now will work…come on, Auto, whip up your enthusiasm!

rousts self

It shall be this Saturday! None of this weaseling out stuff!

On this note, how about Fiddler’s Green? Irish pub, Good food, full bar. I can’t compare it to Liam’s, but Fiddler’s is in Winter Park so it’s closer to some of us and we could always bar hop afterwards.

So, Liam’s or Fiddlers. Voice your opinion now. I vote Fiddlers.

And, lunch or dinner. Lunch works best for me. How does 1PM sound?

I always think of Clermont as South when it’s really almost due west of Orlando proper. Just south from where I live and work.

I’ve never been to that Thai Place nashiitashii but it looks good. I love Thai food.

So what’s the head count so far?

Autolycus
Really NATB sorry had to abbreviate
nashiitashii
Ivylass
Ludovic
A priori tea
Velvetjones
hypno-toad didn’t actually say he was coming so I’m not sure about that one

Small but mighty crowd. Any more ideas?

Lunch works best for me too, and Irish pub food sounds wonderful! I’ll need directions.

Maybe you mean the South :stuck_out_tongue:

Fiddler’s sounds great, Lunch or dinner would be good. I guess I’d rather do dinner so I can get gaming in that day too but if it means fewer people I’d do lunch.

Hey! We’re almost civilized over here…we got an Olive Garden and a Red Lobster, and JC Penney’s and Michael’s are coming soon! We don’t hardly have none of those orange groves left neither!

(Actually, that’s just the nearest big town to my little burg. I shop in Clermont, but I don’t live there.) :smiley:

AArrgghh I’m working til 1 pm, and its a 2+ hour drive, and it’s 3 days notice. I’ll catch the next one, but need at least 2 week’s notice (yes I missed the OP)…

But you no longer have Bread ‘N’ Buns, so you lose some “civlization” points for losing an ethnic bakery. :frowning: It was so tasty, too. :(:frowning:

1pm sounds good to me, and Acid Lamp will come along as my shorter half. :stuck_out_tongue:

I was wondering about them…did they go out of business or sell to someone? Panera’s still there.

Thai Lotus closed up too, and the former church on Hwy 50 is on its third version of a restaurant.

Fiddler’s Green…I know it well. My husband’s band had a gig there every Sunday night for 5 years. That ended a couple of years ago but it was so much fun.

1 PM might be tricky for me, I am bound and determined to paint the bathroom this weekend and Saturday is my day to do that. How long can that take? Can I show up with dabs of paint in my hair?

I’ll do my best to make it. Might be a bit late.

I can’t make it. (No other event in Orlando to justify 2.5 hours each way.) But I expect pictures! Lots of pictures! Everyone must take PICTURES!