Why was Seven banned?

That’s why we have this forum. To address issues and disagreements with the admins/moderators, and they are happy to listen as I was told yesterday. Unless it’s deemed that you spend too much of your time doing so. The technical threads he responded to over the last couple days don’t count.

This banning is retarded.

Helmet-wearing, short-bus-riding, uncontrollable drooling level retarded.

Yeah. I don’t know which end is up around here anymore.

So I’ll just stick to the threads where everybody is rating their poops on the Bristol Scale.

Permanent banning seems way too harsh a punishment here. Seven has been here for nine years, and yet he’s kicked out forever after two warnings, the second of which was more immature horseplay than any serious disruption? The sig thing? Please. People put both compliments and insults in their sigs all the time, and having Tuba telling me I had nothing meaningful to contribute to the site is pretty sig-worthy, in my opinion. Shit, if I could get Cecil Adams to post that I was a worthless sack of crap I’d tattoo it on my arm.

I think the argument that people who are here only to complain should apply to brand new members who show up with magically strong opinions about the rules and the mods, not long-time posters with no history of causing problems who are irked by recent rule changes. If you think someone needs to cool off and reevaluate if they want to be a member here, suspend them at the very most.

Just my opinion.

Ignorance fought!

IIRC: You can call their posts BULLSHIT! but you can’t say anything about Jerry or lil Ed will blow a circuit. Please do not say you will mop the floor with someone’s ass or there will be a red alert. Apparently I can say that you would use their dick to fuck someone off the board, but you can’t tell them to fuck off or themselves. So rape fucking is ok while using an errant dick, self fucking is not okay. Can’t say anything about their pet hypochondriac either because (unlike the rest of us, I guess) that person is.going.to.die. I think I’m getting this now.

You must be an optimist. I think it’s cute that you believe thinking has any part of this

swf42: not an optimist.

Well I say it’s about time. Seven (I can’t even be troubled to bold his name) was trouble I tells ya. The boards are much safer now without his rabble-rousing posts inciting the rank-and-file. I shall sleep much better tonight, secure in the knowledge that he will no longer be posting his nefarious and obscure snarkpit references and uh, well, ummm…you know, whatever else he did.

Where’s DSYoungEsq? I need a high-five!

What was the “recent Snarkpit thread” referring to?

Anyone who wants to tell me that this banning is not motivated by Seven’s successful moderation of splinter board & dislike of the current moderator pet, is probably just posting bullshit.

That would be: offer to help with a project to archive the older threads in a searchable database. What a jerk.

Exactly! Can you imagine the gall of the guy? Why you’d think he knew more about running a message board than they do. :dubious:

The “recent snarkpit thread” was really a series of threads:

1. Seven posts thread about liking the snarkpit. It was deleted.
  2. Seven wonders if there was a glitch in the board; posts thread again. Deleted.
  3. Seven posts to ATMB wondering about his threads. Deleted.

[The Todd]Can I get a won’t-somebody-think-of-the-mods high-five?[/TT]

They’ve got to be kidding.

Without commenting on how appropriate the action is, clicking on the “all posts by Seven” link shows that, for the last 4 months, almost his sole contributions have been to threads in ATMB complaining about decisions made regarding the running of the Board and threads in Teh Pit complaining about, or dealing with, Liberal. He did post once today in the Pit thread started by Stoid about people who who complain and once today in the Pit thread on Christianity. There are four pages of threads in the last four months, so that gives you a relative feel for things.

Now, on to commentary. The banning seems precipitous to me. We were talking in a different thread about the concept of a sin bin, and I raised the analogy of yellow cars and red cards from soccer as an indication of how this place works. Seems to me, a perma-red card should only be thrown without a prior yellow in the most egregious of cases.
And this has the faint smell of being the sort of inter-board nastiness that everyone is supposed to be trying to avoid. :frowning:

August Fools! Haha, got you guys! Ha, ha!

What do you mean it’s early
It’s “April Fools”? Crap.

Why yes, could we please get a link to the damning evidence of his heinous crimes, please?

I bet it will all make sense after that!

But… but… but those threads were deletenated…

Oh… I see what you did there.

You know, if someone didn’t want to be quoted saying something, maybe they shouldn’t have said it at all.