Wonder Woman flat chested? That is some kind of series reboot.

That’s good to hear - I too find it distracting that the actress picked to play Wonder Woman looks like she’d fall over if she picked up a sword.

I like the idea of Wonder Woman with an exotic accent - she is from away, after all.

And now my choice for what Wonder Woman should look like - Laura Prepon. Tall and with a nice, big, lumberjack frame. :smiley:

I thought she was fine in *Haywire

• A good director should be able to…oh, crap.

No, but neither has anyone else. :wink:

How many of the actresses you’re proposing instead have served in the military? Gal did two years in the Israeli Defense Forces.

As far as boobs go, by the standards of comic book artists, I think WW probably is flat-chested…

The ladybug.

No, it’s some of the very finest comic book art. Cooke is one of the best in the industry. His run on The Spirit, his New Frontier graphic novel, and his Parker adaptations are all fantastic.

Morose you say? Well, she will fit right in with the Man Of Steel Superman.

That’s the problem. There is no Fey or bust.

No matter who plays Wonder Woman I would like Amy Poehler to play Etta Candy. The super perfect woman needs someone next to her to fill the “yeah, really?” part. Poehler or Fey could do that and actually be funny and not predictable.
They should at least be writing a WW movie.

Meaning you didn’t see WW in Identity Crisis? :smiley:

Apologies if I missed the link in the thread, but I rather like this ‘mock’ trailer for a Wonder Woman film, and their choice of lead and costume. (She shows up starting at the 30 second mark.)

There was also another WW fanfilm trailer made earlier this year that was quite well done.

You say that as if it were a bad thing…? :confused:

Unless that is supposed to be a room full of clones that is some crappy artwork. Childish and sloppy. But I only have that one picture to go by.

That I do like.:smiley:

This.

For all the various actor changes, Batman has never been cast as as a tall, skinny black guy or an Asian dwarf. There’s a reason for that. There’s a reason to cast WW with an actress who does or can resemble the iconic image.

But Wonder Woman doesn’t have an iconic image. The costume has changed a dozen times over the years, so there’s no standard look for the character like there is for Batman or Superman. And the character has been both flat-chested and big-bosomed over the years, so saying that she HAS TO have big gazongas isn’t being any more true to the character than a slimmer Wonder Woman would be.

And Wonder Woman has only really been portrayed on screen once. Lynda Carter was memorable, but the show was almost 40 years ago. And her appearances in the DCAU have always been overshadowed by Batman and Superman.

I’ve never seen a depiction of Wonder Woman as flat-chested, including the links posted earlier in this thread. I have seen other comic-book characters depicted with small bosoms (yes, it really does happen occasionally), but never WW. I mean, sure, she’s no Power Girl, but nor is she a waif.

They change hero costumes all the time in the comics. All you can really count on is the same logo and a similar color scheme. What I miss about the old costume is it included the inevitable line “Thanks - my mom made it.” :slight_smile:

Her recent reboot featured pretty modest measurements.

http://www.theawl.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/alg_costume_wonder-woman.jpg

I always thought the Smulders mock-up did the costume right.

Can’t even count on that. Even ignoring distinctly different variations on a theme like the evolution of the S-shield or the bat-logo, Wondy’s had at least two completely unrelated ‘logos’ - the original eagle, and the 70s-onward double-W.

A few designs have tried to combine them - like having the middle of the Ws bend down to form a beaked head turning them into a VERY stylized bird. The current design doesn’t bother with that.