Would you date a halfling?

I did. Delivered to a nice gentleman and his little wife. They seemed like a lovely couple.

No way. I would never be attracted to a dwarf.

The feet would bother me too, though not so much due to hairiness, since I’m assuming that “modern” hobbits would have similar hair removal rituals. But they just look weird and off-putting. They never look like just regular big feet.

But the OP just seems to just be talking about a little person, and I don’t see why not. I would actually feel uncomfortable being around someone who would categorically deny the possibility–the same way I’d feel around a guy who said he didn’t like black women.

The difference is, you’d be able to kiss the black woman without kneeling

There are also lots of mundane issues about marrying a little person such as needing too separate sets of stuff and people assuming you are a paedophile.

Would you feel uncomfortable around someone who says that don’t want to date someone considerably taller than they are?

If one loved her, I can’t see it would matter; and what kids may come.
I can see the downsides, and contrary to my usual instincts would encourage her to dress older than her years.

I would be willing to date two of them, as long as one always stood on the other’s shoulders (they could take turns, one being the ‘top’ MON WED FRI and the other getting TUES THURS SAT with Sunday being determined by a coin-toss.)

But not if they’re fat.

Does it make me insufferably shallow if I say no, no short men, ever?

Straight female here. I have A Thing for tall men; my ex-husbands were 6’4 and 6’5 respectively. I simply have never been able to summon up lust for men who are close to my height (I’m 5’6"), never mind shorter. And I’ve tried. I finally put it down to elusive and hard-to-define chemistry - being short just doesn’t trigger that chemistry-lust for me, no matter how great the guy is otherwise.

No, it doesn’t make you shallow. I briefly dated a woman who had amazing breasts. Initially I thought we had a lot in common, then I realized we didn’t. But the breasts were still great. I asked her what she liked about me.

“Youre tall” she said. So I assumed she was getting as much out of it as I was. Which is fine. Man those boobs were great.

This made me laugh!

You two distract her, while I see if his ethics are flexible.

I guess my answer is “but not marry”, but I don’t want to marry anyone. My spouse would disapprove.

Well, to be fair, I asked if he was available, not if he was married. I know he’s married…but not all marriages are monogamous, and celebrity marriages seem less so on average. :wink:

Spergy people worry about details like that. :wink:

Assuming that we’re the same species (and honestly, I’m a bit surprised that Skald didn’t make that clear), it wouldn’t really matter to me. No matter who I marry, I’m likely to be the one who has to grab things off the top shelf, anyway.

I DID make it clear. The OP says that we’re talking about real little people, not Shirefolk, and furthermore makes the claim that your humble chronicler gave the last Perian the Sweeney Todd treatment.

No option for asexuals. I’d definitely date someone half my size in height and weight. Romance, sure. Sex? No. But I wouldn’t have sex with someone my size either.

If it’s not too personal, may I ask how you are differentiating a romance without the possibility sex from an ordinary friendship? How is the word “dating” applicable if the couple are not currently having sex and do not intend to in the future?